Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=84638d120599c4461b514e1a0&id=4b69b52580&e=[UNIQID]
From the editors virtual desk
Hi everyone and welcome to this week's newsletter. A lot has been going on in VMware land this past week. With all of the many announcements now out from VMworld Europe we can look forward to many new solutions from VMware to learn about.
For those that have been following my relocation to San Francisco this week was a big week for me as I moved in to my permanent apartment rental now. I am very excited about this and hope it will allow me to become more productive with my customers now that I can get properly settled. San Francisco is amazing and I am loving everything it has to offer.
I won't take up any more of your time this week, please enjoy reading the newsletter and all of the weeks news and of course pay careful attention to this weeks KB articles in case they may affect you. If you are in any doubt contavt your VMware TAM or other VMware representative to check.
Staff Technical Account Manager
VMware Inc - San Francisco, CA
nisserow @ vmware . com
LOCAL TRAINING CLASSES
http://tinyurl.com/m4wmen5 for full list
- The Evolution of the SDLC (http://blogs.vmware.com/cloudops/?p=1215)By Kai Holthaus The definition of SDLC is changing. SDLC often stands for the “software development life cycle,” a methodology to develop and implement software, currently in use by many IT organizations. IT organizations have realized, however, that this narrow focus on software is insufficient in today’s IT service delivery. In my opinion, the next […]
- Weekly News Recap, Oct. 24, 2014 (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=3278)VMware News In VMware news this week, VMware announces financial results for the third quarter of 2014. Revenues for the third quarter were $1.52 billion, an increase of 18% from the third quarter of 2013. Mobile was top-of-mind for attendees and analysts at the annual Gartner Symposium/ITxpo earlier this month. And as usual, Gartner released […]
- #VMwomen Across the Globe: Video Recap of October 2014 Events (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=3261)
The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing is the World’s Largest Gathering of Women Technologists and it took place on Oct. 8-9, 2014. A group of VMware employees attended the conference to contribute their unique perspectives on being a woman in the tech industry. Later in the month at #VMworld 2014 Europe, #VMware hosted the first ever #VMwomen event […]
- #VMware Employees Bring Unique Perspectives to Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing | #VMwomen (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=3248)On October 8-9, 2014, women from around the world gathered in Phoenix, Ariz. to celebrate women in computing. Several VMware employees attended the show. Read on to learn more about four of these women, what inspired them to pursue a career in technology and what they were excited to experience at Grace Hopper. Stay tuned […]
- Top three mobile takeaways from the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=3240)By John Marshall, Senior Vice President and General Manager, AirWatch by VMware Mobile was top-of-mind for attendees and analysts at the annual Gartner Symposium/ITxpo earlier this month. As usual, Gartner released its Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2015. These are my top three takeaways: 1. Enabling a broad computing environment At the Gartner event, […]
- Five Hospitals Working as One (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=3236)When we say “the hospital,” we imagine everything — doctors, nurses, labs and gauze pads — under one roof. In the case of New Jersey’s Atlantic Health System, that’s not quite the case. For joint replacement surgery, you might go to Chilton Medical Center, in Pompton Plains. For a medical emergency, you might go to […]
- #VIDEO: EMEA CTO Perspectives from #VMworld 2014 Europe (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=3233)
VMworld 2014 Europe just wrapped up last week. Watch Joe Baguly, CTO, EMEA at VMware talk about his top three buzz-worthy news moments at the show.
- Kudos to the newest VCDXs (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4926)Please join us in giving a huge welcome and tall order of congratulations to the newest members to our VCDX community! VCDX–Cloud Adrian Roberts VCDX–Desktop Steven Bridle Jason Yeo VCDX–DCV Marc Huppert Anders Olsson Joe Silvagi Bill Gurling Elvys Martinez Brana Rob Nolen Jason Shiplett Todd Simmons VCDX is the highest level of certification offered by […]
- EMEA VCI of the Quarter Announced (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4910)EMEA VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) of the Quarter Award is a regular prize given to those VCIs that aspire to be the best of the best. The awards are the EMEA Education version of the “Oscars” identifying and rewarding excellence. The award recognises outstanding VMware Certified Instructors from the region who share their expertise about […]
- Analyzing Virtual Desktop Login Time (http://blogs.vmware.com/consulting/?p=1722)By Gourav Bhardwaj with Matt Larson Often when performing health checks a discussion arises about the login time and what constitutes login time. This article covers some of the common ways to look at login time and its underlying components. You can look at login time using vCOps for View or a third-party user experience […]
- Virtual SAN and SAP IQ – a Perfect Match (http://blogs.vmware.com/performance/?p=2087)A performance study shows that VMware vSphere 5.5 with Virtual SAN as the storage backend provides an excellent platform for virtualized deployments of SAP IQ Multiplex Servers. We created four virtual machines with the RHEL 6.3 operating system, and these virtual machines made up the SAP IQ Multiplex Server, which used Virtual SAN as its […]
- vRealize Suite Provides Operational Insight to facilitate Resource Right Sizing (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=5112)By Rich Bourdeau In order to effectively manage your cloud services, you need the ability to not only provision new machines or applications; you need to the ability to manage those services throughout their lives. That means the ability to reconfigure an application to add or remove component machines or change resources (CPU, memory, storage, […]
- NEW vCloud Automation Center 6.1 Reference Architecture and High Availability Guides (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=5176)by Rich Bourdeau Scalability, availability and performance are three attributes that are critical to any IT management solution. The default configurations for most enterprise software products are designed for rapid initial deployment and not intended to handle the needs of every customer. In this regard, vCloud Automation Center is no different than other software products. […]
- Realize the Power of EMC Storage Analytics with VMware vRealize Operations: Better Together (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=5053)VMware and EMC have partnered to create a storage analytics offering available to extend the virtual administrators capability to view, troubleshoot and most importantly, proactively predict and prevent performance issues related to the storage infrastructure. In releasing EMC Storage Analytics (ESA) over a year ago, EMC has been selling a storage-centric version of vRealize Operations […]
- Cloud Chargeback Part 3 – Establishing the Price of Your IT Services (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=5103)By Rich Bourdeau Once you understand the fully burdened costs of your infrastructure you will need to translate those costs into the prices you will show or charge the consumers of your IT services. There are two approaches to configuring pricing info. The first is to associate a price to the service. For example: small […]
- Availability of Log Insight 2.5 Technical Preview 3 (TP3)! (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=5155)By Devaki Kulkarni Dear Friends of Log Insight, We are pleased to announce the availability of Log Insight 2.5 Technical Preview 3 (TP3)! Thanks for your feedback and we are happy to release some of the features and enhancements you requested. You can download this release from: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=STRATA25TP3. You must be a member of the Log […]
- David Davis on vCenter Operations – Post #18 – What is the vC Ops Custom Interface and Why Do you Care? (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=5120)In my last post, I covered some of my favorite vC Ops Tips for Success, based on what I have learned during my testing of vC Ops and covered in my vC Ops series of posts,. In this post, I’d like to talk about something you’ve likely heard about but may not have known what it […]
- vRealize Operations and vRealize Orchestrator Extensibility Presentations from VMworld 2014 (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4964)There were a variety of presentations in VMworld around solution extensibility of vRealize Operations and vRealize Orchestrator. The following presentations give great detail around extensibility and have many examples of both VMware and Partner integrations. Operational Management Challenges for Converged Infrastructure from Virtualization and Cloud Management Solutions Cloud Management with vRealize Operations from Virtualization and […]
- New VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2014-0011 (http://blogs.vmware.com/security/?p=1262)
Today VMware has released the following new security advisory: VMSA-2014-0011 The advisory documents a critical information disclosure vulnerability, CVE-2014-4624, which has been addressed in vSphere Data Protection 5.5.x last week. Customers should review the security advisory and direct any questions to VMware Support. Please sign up to the Security-Announce mailing list to receive new and […]
- Calling All Citrix XenApp Customers! Make the Move to VMware Horizon 6 (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6627)By Mark Ewert, End-User Computing Solutions Architect, VMware This summer we released VMware Horizon 6, the latest version of our leading end-user computing platform. Perhaps the most exciting feature of Horizon 6 is its expanded support for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, including hosted applications. Whether users need virtual desktops, hosted apps, or shared desktop sessions, […]
- Enterprise mobility news recap: October 20 – 24 (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=32711)This week’s highlights include a look into a wearable watch for women, Walmart’s IT department approach and takeaways from AirWatch Connect Sydney. Omate, a software and hardware wearable company, targets women with its latest smartwatch, the Lutetia . The Lutetia arrives to the market after some criticism about wearables targeted for men only. In the past […]
- Unifying desktop and mobile management: Understanding your options (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=32693)Unified endpoint management has become a buzzword for enterprise IT this fall. At the Gartner Symposium/ITXpo earlier this month, AirWatch SVP and GM John Marshall observed that in order to embrace the research firm’s No. 1 strategic technology trend for 2015, “computing everywhere,” enterprises should think of all connected devices – whether traditional PCs, mobile […]
- iOS 8 Webinar follow-up Q&A (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=32675)During a recent webinar, AirWatch Apple iOS Management, attendees asked several questions that the presenters didn’t get to before time ran out. Below, AirWatch's Apple product manager Nadia Hussein has provided answers to some of the most pressing questions.
- Watch the video: AirWatch Connect London Recap (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=32660)AirWatch Connect London connected more than 600 attendees to the people, tools and technology to help them drive mobile innovation across their organizations. The event included keynote sessions featuring AirWatch customers and leading industry analysts, as well as product and hands-on sessions led by AirWatch technical experts. More than 25 AirWatch partners showcased the latest […]
- Top three mobile takeaways from the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=32651)Mobile was top-of-mind for attendees and analysts at the annual Gartner Symposium/ITxpo earlier this month. As usual, Gartner released its Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2015. These are my top three takeaways: 1. Enabling a broad computing environment At the Gartner event, enterprise mobility conversations focused more on management software than on actual devices. […]
- NEW Healthcare IT Provider Runs 2,000 vSphere VMs on HP (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1426)This 1.5-minute video is the perfect customer testimonial to share with any of your Healthcare or other large prospects… It features a Health Market Science SysAdmin discussing how VMware vSphere on HP ProLiant DL585 servers makes it possible to spin up 100s of VMs a day—without leaving his desk. Share it today.
- Help Your EVO:Rail Customers Simplify Their Data Center Operations (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1424)VMware and Dell will now ship the NexentaConnect and NexentaStor solutions with Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL. EVO:RAIL is a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Appliance (HCIA), that provides 100% powered VMware virtualized compute, network, storage, and management on a highly prescriptive and optimized Dell 2U/4N platform. Go here for the complete breakdown on how EVO: […]
- VMware | Lenovo Together Extend Server Virtualization (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1422)Together we are redefining software-defined storage by delivering elastic, scalable, and resilient solutions for enterprises and service providers. Read more about how our SDDC technologies extend the concept of server virtualization to networking and storage infrastructure resources.
- WIAB Added vSphere Optimization Assessment (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1419)Your customers can now learn about the 30-day evaluation trial program for vSphere with Operations Management or vCenter Operations Management Suite on your website using our Website in a Box (WIAB) content syndication. Learn more.
- Just Days Left to Take Action to Remain Compliant (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1415)Solution Provider and Service Provider program changes – requiring 2 individuals trained in Solution Competency-specific VSP and VTSP accreditations – are now in effect and these new requirements must be met by November 3, 2014. Get started with the online Solution Competency training now.
- Did You Catch the Electrifying Sessions from HP at VMworld? (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1412)If you missed any of the HP in booth theater sessions at VMworld 2014 in Barcelona, then here’s your second chance to find out about the latest on VMware | and HP innovations around virtualized storage trends, SDDC, VMware vSphere and HP OneView integrations, HP Converged and Hyper-Converged Systems, and more. Replays are available here […]
- Introducing the Citrix Safe Passage Program (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1410)This new program makes it easy for organizations to migrate from their existing desktop virtualization and application delivery solutions to VMware Horizon 6 as. It provides your Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop customers with a cost-effective and simple way to move forward with Horizon 6, including great products, an attractive set of incentives, and brand new […]
- Drive Profits with VMware Power Plays (http://blogs.vmware.com/partner/?p=2208)You heard about them at VMworld and you most certainly will be hearing about them this next year. VMware’s Power Plays are the focal point you asked for when it came to our complex product set. In an effort to drive profitability and value, we’ve selected four key VMware solutions to align with and increase: […]
- What do the VMworld vCloud Air announcements mean for you? (http://vmwareemeablog.com/uk/?p=1419)In Pat Gelsinger’s opening keynote (watch it here), he revealed … Read More
- EXTERNAL BLOGGERSVMware Continues to Expand Hybrid Cloud Presence in Europe (http://vmwareemeablog.com/uk/?p=1398)
Gavin Jackson, VMwareBy Gavin Jackson, Vice President & General Manager, … Read More
- Import files to subscribe to all the Top vBlogs via RSS (http://vsphere-land.com/?p=5209)I’ve been long meaning to create RSS import files that can be used to automatically add all the Top vBlogs to your RSS reader of choice but have never gotten around to completing them. Thanks to a reminder from a reader (Brian Olsen) I have gone and created them by exporting my top vBlog WordPress … Continue reading » [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- What is coming for vSphere and VSAN? VMworld reveals… (http://www.yellow-bricks.com/?p=15563)I’ve been prepping a presentation for upcoming VMUGs, but wanted to also share this with my readers. The session is all about vSphere futures, what is coming soon? Before anyone says I am breaking NDA, I’ve harvested all of this info from public VMworld sessions. Except for the VSAN details, those were announced to the […] " What is coming for vSphere and VSAN? VMworld reveals… " originally appeared on Yellow-Bricks.com . Follow me on twitter - @DuncanYB. Pre-order my upcoming book…
- My 2 cents on the VCE Announcement. (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/10/my-2-cents-on-the-vce-announcement.html)I’m really excited about having VCE part of EMC. We will take the Converged Infrastructure market that we created together with Cisco, and accelerate it to a whole new level. Now – listening to a lot of the dialog (interesting...
- Grr – make your pick. Do you want “Open Everything” or “Agility”? (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/10/grr-make-your-pick-do-you-want-open-everything-or-agility.html)
Sometimes, customers and partners frustrate me. There, I said it :-) I’m sure the reverse is also true – I bet I/we can be frustrating too :-) People… “Choice” is good. But “Choice” can also be the enemy of “Agility”....
- New Cisco/EMC SAP 8-Way SAP HANA Certified Configs (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/10/new-ciscoemc-sap-8-way-sap-hana-certified-configs.html)Someone pointed out today that there are new postings on the SAP HANA Certified appliance list with the new 8-way C880 systems, here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52522 Frankly, this had been a gap for both scale-up (single node) SAP HANA configs with Cisco...
- Multi-Machine Vagrant with YAML (http://blog.scottlowe.org/?p=3551)This post shows one way to simplify multi-machine Vagrantfiles using an external data source found in a YAML file. This article was originally posted on blog.scottlowe.org . Visit the site for more information on virtualization, servers, storage, and other enterprise technologies. Multi-Machine Vagrant with YAML
- Questions for Photography Enthusiasts (http://blog.scottlowe.org/?p=3549)If you're a photography enthusiast like me, I'd love to hear your feedback on a few questions I have about how to optimize my workflow. This article was originally posted on blog.scottlowe.org . Visit the site for more information on virtualization, servers, storage, and other enterprise technologies. Questions for Photography Enthusiasts
- Storage Field Day – I’ll be at SFD6 (http://www.penguinpunk.net/blog/?p=2271)
If you haven’t heard of the very excellent Tech Field Day, head on over and check it out. They do all kinds of Field Days, including one for storage. Number 6 is happening in less than 2 weeks and, yes, I’ll be there this time. Wheee! Look, you can see my picture on the internet […]
- Nutanix SCVMM + SMI-S Integration Demo Video (http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=6699)Earlier this week I published a video with the new Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Management Pack for Nutanix (here). Today, I am publishing a video demo with the new Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager integration with full support for the Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S). The integration into the Microsoft stack is deep and the first piece … Continue reading »
- Nutanix SCOM Management Pack Demo Video (http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=6687)I previously provided an overview of the new Microsoft System Center integration with Nutanix via SCOM and SCVMM (here). Nutanix 4.1 offers a single pane of glass management for Microsoft datacenter environments with full support for the Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S). The integration into the Microsoft stack is deep and the first piece I want to talk about is … Continue reading »
- Reunion Island – Where is That ? (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=37221)After my recent VMworld Barcelona trip, actually when back in the plane I had my head full of souvenirs, new meetings. One of the questions which came out regularly was about Reunion Island (Fr). This part of the France is not well known not only to the French but also to the rest of the [...] Read the full post Reunion Island – Where is That ? at ESX Virtualization .
- Clean Master for PC – Better than CC Cleaner? (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=37202)Friday post will most likely be more “light” if I can say that as it’s the end of a week and I still feel a bit tired from Barcelona. I wanted to shared my thoughts on this piece of free software I just stumbled through. It’s a free junk cleaner for PC called Clean Master. MAC [...] Read the full post Clean Master for PC – Better than CC Cleaner? at ESX Virtualization .
- SSD Storage Closer to CPU – That’s Memory Channel Storage by Diablo Technologies for Next Gen VSAN (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=37065)During this year’s VMworld in Barcelona 2014 I had an opportunity to be part of Tech Field Day Extra organized by Steven Fosket (@sfosket). It was my first Tech field day (hope not last one) and I was present together with other candidates on this presentation from Diablo Technologies. They’re working on Memory Channel Storage [...] Read the full post SSD Storage Closer to CPU – That’s Memory Channel Storage by Diablo Technologies for Next Gen VSAN at ESX Virtualization .
- Free ESXTOP vSphere Web Client Plugin – Get a copy at VMware Labs (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=37164)Last week VMware Labs has released Free ESXTOP vSphere Web Client Plugin, which is very interesting Add-on for vSphere Web Client. After the full GUI based version of ESXtop client called Visual ESXTOP (based on Java) this version integrates directly into the vSphere Web Client. It’s easy to install but there are few limitations. It seems that [...] Read the full post Free ESXTOP vSphere Web Client Plugin – Get a copy at VMware Labs at ESX Virtualization .
- Install Free Starwind SAN on Free Hyper-V – Part 1 (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=37115)The title says it all. It’s possible to install Starvind SAN software on a free Hyper-V Server from Microsoft. Yes the one without the actual GUI. And that’s quite interesting (free) solution that I didn’t really consider so far, being mostly VMware consultant. But clients are clients. Right? The life of an IT consultant is dependant of the [...] Read the full post Install Free Starwind SAN on Free Hyper-V – Part 1 at ESX Virtualization .
- How-to Whitelist Vladan.fr Domain on AdblockPlus (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=37093)One of the most popular Adblock plugin is certainly AdblockPlus. Firefox and Chrome users know this plugin well and using it to get rid of pop-ups, offensive material, rickrolls, and other unpleasant things like some malware. By activating adblock plus there is no default whitelist domains enabled so the bad guys as well as the good [...] Read the full post How-to Whitelist Vladan.fr Domain on AdblockPlus at ESX Virtualization .
- Customize VMware Workspace Portal some more (http://www.vmguru.com/?p=14750)DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY VMWARE IN ANY WAY. DON’T DO OR USE THIS IN YOUR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT! If you are like me, and want everything exactly the way you want it, then the limited choice in customizing colors and images just isn’t enough. Ofcourse you prefer your Workspace Portal in the same layout and colors as your main website or intranet. Well, lucky for you you can edit the files, but, again, this isn’t support in any way by VMware or VMGuru. Earlier I posted an article on how…
- PCoIP Zero Client by Philips (http://www.vmguru.com/?p=14724)Recently a product came to my attention from a vendor I did not expect. Philips introduced an integrated PCoIP zero client they call the Philips Cloud Monitor Base, model SB4B1927VB . It comes in the form factor of a monitor stand, where the zero client is built into the foot. Now, we’ve seen our share of thin and zero clients, although this market is not really diverse in products. Wyse/Dell is the market leader, HP also has a big portion of that market, too. Then Igel comes to mind as a brand and, well,…
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Wednesday Replay (http://www.vmguru.com/?p=14712) The VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Wednesday Replay is now available in case you missed it. In this session VMware customers share their real-world success with President Carl Eschenbach, transforming their businesses with software-defined architectures and solutions. VMware’s CTO Ben Fathi and other VMware technology evangelists show just how today’s software-defined architectures can be deployed to transform your business. You’ll see innovative uses of VMware technologies across a wide…
- vBrownBag TechTalks at vForum Sydney 2014 with Pure Storage (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=5066)If you are going to be in Sydney for vForum then you should present a TechTalk, also you should attend the free VMDownUnderground pre warmup party the night before (you can register here). The TechTalk signup form is here, go ahead and sign up now. With under two weeks to go until the conference it is time to welcome […]
- #vBrownBag DevOps Follow-Up Puppet with Jeremy Adams (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=5015)Jeremy Adams joins us to present the ProfessionalVMware.com #vBrownBag DevOps session on Puppet. Follow along in the homework to deploy the Puppet learning VM and see how you can create manifests to do things like patch systems for Heartbleed. Video Homework Originally published at http://ProfessionalVMware.com – Sign up for the live #vBrownBag broadcast at http://professionalvmware.com/brownbags/ […]
- vBrownbag TechTalks at vForum Sydney 2014 with NetApp (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=5047)If you are going to be in Sydney for vForum then you should present a TechTalk. The signup form is here, go ahead and sign up now. With under two weeks to go until the conference it is time to welcome our first sponsor. NetApp are a new vBrownbag techtalk sponsor at vForum Sydney although they […]
- VMDownUnderground & TechTalks in Sydney (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=5040)This year will be the fourth community party before vForum Sydney. Inspired by VMunderground and designed to let the VMware community come together before the conference starts this is one of the most fun parts of vForum. This year vForum in Sydney coincides with the OpenStack Summit in Paris, where I will be producing more […]
- VXLAN: CONCEPTS, OPERATION AND IMPLEMENTATION (2-2) by @davidmirror (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=5037)This guest post is by David Espejo, who blogs at vcloudopia.wordpress.com, where you can find his back catalogue of posts. David writes in Spanish, so if you don’t speak Spanish be sure to use a browser that will translate for you. Find out more about the guest blogger program here. It has been a while […]
- ICND1 (CCENT) Study Guide (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=5003)
So, this has been quite a journey for me. If any of you are like me, you’ve avoided anything related to Networking, & especially Networking certifications like the plague. At work, if any issue networking related surfaced, I gladly pawned it off to the “networking guy”. With the boundaries between layers of the infrastructure stack […]
- KB ARTICLESWhat is Converged Infrastructure? (http://www.v-wiki.net/?p=700)
The definition of Converged Infrastructure (CI) can be categorised into different ‘flavours’. In summary, the term defines an approach where storage and compute are tightly coupled, and managed within a software-defined paradigm that offers policy driven provision of resources. Different vendors provide their own ‘flavour’ of CI, ranging from an infrastructure package that is optimised […] The post What is Converged Infrastructure? appeared first on Virtual Wiki .
VMware KB Digest – New KB articles published for week ending 10/18/14
In our effort to provide our viewers with up to the minute information on VMware related news and topics, we’re posting the following list of new KB Entries for this week, direct from VMware Support.
While I do my best to publish unbiased information specifically related to VMware solutions there is always the possibility of blog posts that are unrelated, competitive or potentially conflicting that may creep into the newsletter. I apologise for this in advance if I offend anyone and do my best to ensure this does not happen. Please get in touch if you feel any inappropriate material has been published. All information in this newsletter is copyright of the original author. If you are an author and wish to no longer be used in this newsletter please get in touch.