- How to find your Customer Number in My VMware (http://blogs.vmware.com/kb/?p=6252)This video discusses and demonstrates how to find your Customer Number in My VMware. The Customer Number is a 10-digit numeric unique identifier that is assigned to each customer. The Customer Number is created when you create a My VMware profile or when a new order is placed for users that do not have a […]
- IT: From CYA to ASAN (http://blogs.vmware.com/cio/?p=87)By Tony Scott, CIO, VMware Almost every CIO I speak with talks about the increasing pace of business change and the need for IT to either help drive the change, or, at a minimum, be a key ingredient of the desired business model. As IT leaders, we feel the pressure to change rapidly, to be […]
- #VMworld 2014 US: It’s a Wrap! (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2961)Thanks to everyone who came out to VMworld 2014. Here at Tribal knowledge, we have that unique feeling of being inspired and exhausted at the same time. We hope you get a chance to enjoy the long weekend on the tails of a spectacular conference. With more than 22,000 attendees, the energy and excitement in […]
- #VMworld 2014: Perspectives from the Chief Marketing Officer (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2958)Chief Marketing Officer Robin Matlock has been instrumental in positioning VMware as an industry leader and transformative force in the world of IT. Robin joined us to talk about the success of VMworld 2014 and some of the big takeaways from the conference. Hit the jump for excerpts from our Q&A. Tribal Knowledge: Give us […]
- Infographic: “Pulse Check How Desktop Virtualization is Changing the Healthcare Industry” #VMworld (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2939)At Tuesday’s VMworld keynote, one of the thought-provoking demos presented at the rollout of VMware Workspace Suite involved Sanjay Poonen and Kit Colbert showcasing the transformative potential of desktop virtualization in healthcare. The pair showed how a unified user experience across devices saves time and money, while enabling doctors to deliver better care. The migration […]
- The New Reality of Data Center Security (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2927)Micro-segmentation redefines enterprise security It seems every few days, a new, high profile data breach dominates the headlines. Tens of millions of user accounts hacked, 40 million credit card numbers leaked, customer names and addresses posted to forums: This is the reality of today’s cybersecurity landscape. One of the oldest approaches to security both outside […]
- Daily Dispatches @ #VMworld 2014: Day 3 (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2918)By Oliver Roll, VP, Global Corporate Communications @oliverroll We had a lot of fun yesterday and I hope everyone left the Solutions Exchange Hall Crawl with a heavy swag bag. Day Three at VMworld promises to be no less exciting, so without further ado, let’s get into today’s Dispatch. In case you missed my tips […]
- Introducing VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office Editions (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2916)
By Mike Adams, director of vSphere product marketing, VMware Today at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, we introduced VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office Standard and Advanced editions. These new offerings will allow us to provide new and existing customers of all sizes with enhanced service level, standardization and availability capabilities for remote and branch […]
- #VMworld 2014: Perspectives from the EVP and GM of the End-User Computing Division (http://blogs.vmware.com/tribalknowledge/?p=2908)Tribal Knowledge caught up with Sanjay Poonen after his keynote on Tuesday at VMworld to talk about the shift to the Mobile-Cloud era of computing. Hit the jump for excerpts. Tribal Knowledge: Talk to me a little bit about the energy—how it feels to be at VMworld this year versus other years. Sanjay Poonen: It’s my […]
- Question of the Week (Software-Defined Data Center) (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4625)This week’s question comes from the Software-Defined Data Center video series. A) It works with physical and virtual infrastructures and private and public clouds B) It automates service delivery C) It provides self-service provisioning of machines D) All of the above Click through to the comments for the answer. Follow @VMwareEducation on Instagram to see more #TechTrivia every Friday and visual […]
- Sign Up for vCloud Automation Center [V6] On Demand Training, Get iPad or Discounts (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4603)Our new VMware vCloud® Automation Center™ On Demand is a training course like no other. Learn how to install, configure, and manage the vCloud Automation Center platform at the convenience of your own pace at your own place. Stop, rewind, pause or replay multiple times to ensure you have the concepts down pat. By the […]
- Validate your Network Virtualization Skills with our new Certification Track (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4613)
VMware NSX is the network virtualization and security platform for the software-defined data center. NSX brings virtualization to your existing network and transforms network operations and economics. To further your career in this exciting new technology we are releasing a new certification track covering Network Virtualization, including three certifications depending upon your experience level: VMware […]
- Welcome to TAM Day at VMworld 2014 US (http://blogs.vmware.com/tam/?p=1848)Welcome to San Francisco and TAM Day at VMworld 2014! Today, marks the 10th year of this invitation-only event. It will provide you exclusive access to VMware experts who will discuss the best practices, innovative technologies and strategies that will accelerate your IT transformation. We are providing a variety of content-rich sessions below that are […]
- Inspired by Mobility (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2839)I’m here at VMworld and will take the stage later this morning to present the End-User Computing portion of the keynote along with the EVP and GM of EUC, Sanjay Poonen. One of the themes of our talk will be the idea of “inspired by mobility.” I wanted to take a moment to explain in a bit more detail what I mean by this and our thinking behind it. As Sanjay and I will talk about, we’re in a new era of computing: the mobile-cloud era. This era is characterized by changes in apps, data, devices,…
- VMware and Docker – Better Together (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2845)Today at VMworld 2014 I have the pleasure of co-presenting with Ben Golub, Docker CEO, on our joint container strategy. Our session, “ SDDC3350 – VMware and Docker – Better Together ,” will run on Monday from 5:30-6:30 and on Tuesday from 12:30-1:30. For more insight into the work that we are doing with containers, I encourage you to take a look at the following posts: VMware + Containers = Containers without Compromise Docker Service Broker for Cloud Foundry Gartner Panel Reveals Stark Differences…
- Better Together – Containers are a Natural Part of the Software-Defined Data Center (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2864)Today is the first day of VMworld 2014! There’s a lot to be excited about this year, but for me, it is our work around containers that particularly engages me. And it engages me for two very specific reasons. Firstly, containers are very dear to my heart. I worked on Solaris Containers since their inception in 2000, during my tenure at Sun Microsystems. I’ve been working on these abstractions and constructs, and the technology and business problems they allow us to solve, for a very long time! Secondly,…
- Introducing the VMware EVO Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Solutions (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2862)
One year ago, VMware made a big splash at VMworld – naming SDDC as the future software-defined infrastructure platform. At that time, I was still a Gartner analyst and wrote a blog post that criticized VMware for not going far enough . What a difference a year makes. Today, I’m thrilled to be part of a company that is radically simplifying how IT infrastructure is delivered and managed. Most of my time at VMware is spent meeting and speaking with senior IT leaders. One trend that I often hear is how…
- EVO: RACK Tech Preview at VMworld 2014 (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2841)Today is an exciting day! If you are attending VMworld 2014 , you will hear about VMware EVO: RAIL shortly. VMware EVO: RAIL™ is a hyper-converged infrastructure appliance that will help customers to streamline the deployment and scale-out of Software-Defined IT infrastructure. It is also the first solution in a family of hyper-converged infrastructure offerings from VMware. EVO: RAIL targets use cases in the mid-market and enterprise segments. It is ideally suited for use cases such as virtual desktop…
- vRealize Suite: Managing Your Hybrid Cloud (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2847)At VMworld 2014 today, the Cloud Management team introduced the VMware vRealize Suite , a Cloud Management Platform. The need for a comprehensive Cloud Management Platform (CMP) arose from the convergence of multiple management disciplines employed by new models of developing, deploying, and managing applications. Essentially, CMP enables robust application and infrastructure delivery while managing to a set of polices in the most cost-efficient manner. Within VMware vRealize Suite, application and…
- Introducing VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office Editions (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13724)At VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, we introduced VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office Standard and Advanced editions. These exciting offerings will allow us to provide new and existing customers of all sizes with enhanced service level, standardization and availability capabilities for remote and branch office locations. Customers can expect vSphere Remote Office Branch Office […]
- Virtualized Exchange 2013 IO performance validation with All Flash Arrays (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13683)Microsoft Exchange is a very common critical application managed by enterprises. Exchange 2013 has brought forth many changes to the performance and IO profile of its infrastructure. Exchange Server 2013 is an even greater candidate for virtualization than its predecessors. Architectural changes and improvements to the core of Exchange Server, along with advancements in server […]
- What’s New with vSphere Data Protection 5.8 and vSphere Replication 5.8 (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13655)Along with all of the announcements at VMworld 2014, I am happy to report on the latest versions of vSphere Data Protection (VDP) and vSphere Replication. As most of you may already know, there are two editions of VDP: VDP, which is included with vSphere Essentials Plus Kit and higher editions, and VDP Advanced, which […]
- Learn How to Get Integrated Storage Policy-Based Management with vCloud Automation Center 6 This Thursday (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13675)Software Defined Storage is a key pillar of the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). It ensures agility, responsiveness and efficiency to enterprise storage while maintaining data integrity and redundancy. It is a critical part of any Software Defined Data Center. That’s why we’re improving it. Join Chen Wei, Solution Engineer and Strategic Solutions Development at […]
- VMware Unveils New Disaster Recovery and Backup Product Releases; Virtual SAN and Virtual Volumes Featured at VMworld 2014 (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13648)By Alberto Farronato, director of product marketing, Storage and Availability, VMware VMworld 2014 will deliver plenty of news, customer testimonials, panels, sessions, demos and more on VMware’s software-defined storage and business continuity products and initiatives. Following are a few show highlights. Increased DR Capabilities We’re excited to announce vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.8 today […]
- Success Factors for Deploying EUC (http://blogs.vmware.com/consulting/?p=1578)By Ken Copas Building out an end-user computing (EUC) environment right means the infrastructure is nearly invisible to end users. But as with anything that appears easy and elegant on its surface, there are quite a few complexities underneath the hood. While there are many factors to consider, here are a few questions to ask […]
- VMworld Attendees – Submit Your Session Surveys in the VMworld Mobile App! (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=4216)
The VMworld 2014 US mobile App is feature-rich and can be utilized to do anything from schedule a session to take a #vmworldselfie. This year, the VMworld team has included a VMworld Game which enables users to win points for participating in events, attending sessions, scanning QR codes, and completing surveys. We strongly encourage all […]
- VMworld 2014 US: IT’s Most Wanted List: Get Me a Mobile Backbone (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=4193)By: Ajay Patel Mobility at Enterprise Scale: The Next Challenge for Developers and IT As humans, without our backbone we’d flop around like a wet noodle, our organs wouldn’t function well, and messages back and forth from the brain would be unprotected. Backbones give us the flexibility and the structure to move – especially to […]
- Tech Preview: vCloud Air Object Storage (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=4191)
By Mathew Lodge VMware made some significant announcements today around vCloud Air (previously vCloud Hybrid Service) at VMworld San Francisco 2014. One of the announcements was on a new storage service – vCloud Air Object Storage. VMware vCloud Air today has two block storage tiers, Standard and SSD-Accelerated, which look to a virtual machine like […]
- Verify Roles and Features using VCM (http://blogs.vmware.com/security/?p=1175)Today, I show you how you can ensure you comply to DISA recommendations to have only needed roles and features enabled on various Windows machines using VMware vCenter Configuration Manager (VCM), a key component in the VMware vCenter Operations Suite (vC Ops). For this example, DISA STIG for Windows 7 Version:1 Release:16 released on 25 […]
- Predictive Analytics: Protecting the Health of Your Cloud (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4539)With so much business critical action in the cloud, the last thing you want is for your Operations team to fail to identify an impending outage. Using predictive analytics in VMware vRealize Operations Insight: Quickly analyze both structured and unstructured data to forecast and resolve issues Automate solutions to improve future response times Optimize capacity […]
- Making Hybrid Clouds Run Like A World-Class Athlete (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4528)It’s no secret that IT executives face significant pressure to transform their enterprises into more efficient, effective and productive operations. To satisfy these demands, IT executives must shape up the way they create and manage hybrid clouds. What do we mean by this? In this visually engaging and interactive infographic, IT executives can explore how VMware’s […]
- Introducing VMware vRealize™ Suite – Purpose Built for the Hybrid Cloud (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4533)vRealize Suite, VMware’s new cloud management platform, is an entirely new way of managing private, public, and hybrid clouds, offering: On-demand service delivery & release automation Capacity and resource optimization Predictive analytics and self-learning management Service costing and metering Click here (or the screenshot below) to view this free presentation and learn how VMware’s new cloud […]
- Announcing Best Cloud Management Marketplace Solutions – VMworld 2014 (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4496)VMware Cloud Management Marketplace is a thriving marketplace of trusted solutions and partner integrations that extend the capabilities of Cloud Management products to third party technologies to enable end-to-end operations intelligence and comprehensive visibility into your IT infrastructure. Cloud Management Marketplace was launched last year with 100+ solutions and we have witnessed tremendous growth since […]
- Introducing vCloud Automation Center 6.1 (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4409)
By Rich Bourdeau vCloud Automation Center 6.1 continues VMware investment to deliver an extensible, multi-vendor cloud automation frame work that allows IT to deliver personalized business relevant infrastructure, applications and other IT services with the least amount of effort and lowest amount of risks. New capabilities of the 6.1 release help VMware maintain its position […]
- Why You Need a Cloud Management Platform to Achieve IT Agility (http://blogs.vmware.com/management?p=4431&preview_id=4431)Today, Ramin Sayar, SVP & GM, Cloud Management Business Unit, VMware, made some key announcements at VMworld, and outlined in this blog post. They include VMware vRealize Suite, VMware vRealize Operations Insight, and and VMware vRealize Air Automation. You can read about vRealize Operations Insight in the blog post by Himanshu Singh, Senior Product Marketing Manager, […]
- Introducing VMware vRealize Operations Insight! (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4378)
Folks, today, Ramin Sayar, SVP & GM, Cloud Management Business Unit, VMware, made some key announcements at VMworld, and outlined in this blog post. They include VMware vRealize Suite, VMware vRealize Operations Insight, and VMware vRealize Air Automation. You can read more about the vRealize Suite in an upcoming blog post by Sajai Krishnan, VP Product […]
- Web 2.0 Applications on VMware Virtual SAN (http://blogs.vmware.com/performance/?p=1912)
Here in VMware Performance Engineering, Virtual SAN is a hot topic. This storage solution leverages economical hardware compared to more expensive storage arrays and offers all the vSphere solutions like vMotion, HA, and DRS. We have been testing Virtual SAN with a number of workloads to characterize their performance. In particular we found that Web […]
- EUC is ROCKING the show floor @ VMworld (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6347)
This year we have put together the biggest, baddest and loudest EUC presence we have EVER had at VMworld! Starting at our huge 16-screen HD video wall, you’ll be blown away by our Hollywood VFX artists using software like ZBrush, Maya, 3ds Max and more, all powered by smoking-fast Horizon desktops turbocharged with NVIDIA GRID […]
- Announcing New Horizon DaaS Services and Expansion to Europe (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6323)By: Josue Fontanez, Product Line Marketing Manager, Horizon DaaS Since launching VMware Horizon DaaS on vCloud Air, in March of this year, we’ve had the opportunity to listen and learn from our customers and partners. The feedback has been clear: customers love the ability to reap all the benefits of virtual desktops, while consuming them […]
- VMware, NVIDIA and Google Collaborate To Deliver Graphics Rich Apps To Enterprise Cloud Desktops (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6333)
By Pat Lee, Sr. Director, Remote Experience Today, I am very excited to share how VMware, NVIDIA and Google are working together to deliver graphics rich applications to enterprise cloud desktops. The result of our collaboration to date is two key technology previews that we are showing at VMworld 2014. First, we are showing a […]
- Next Phase of Desktop and Application Innovation (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6250)By Sumit Dhawan, SVP and GM, Desktop Products, End-User Computing, VMware Welcome to the second day of VMworld U.S. 2014! I hope you had a great time yesterday on the first day of the show. I know there is usually more going on than you have time for, but hopefully you had a chance to […]
- VMware Delivers Workspace Suite (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6248)
By Erik Frieberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, End-User Computing, VMware Welcome to the second day of VMworld! I hope you enjoyed yourself with all the activities tied to the conference yesterday but brace yourself since there’s still much more to come today. I have the privilege of introducing to you the new VMware Workspace Suite, […]
- VMware Horizon and EVO: RAIL – Value Add For Customers (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6246)By Mason Uyeda, Senior Director, Industry Solutions and Technical Enablement, End-User Computing, VMware One of the most exciting announcements (for me, as an End-User Computing advocate) at this VMworld has to be the EVO: RAIL hyper-converged infrastructure appliance and partner ecosystem. Why? Because I believe EVO: RAIL building blocks will emerge as key enablers on […]
- Grab a Seat for our CloudVolumes VMworld Session (http://blogs.vmware.com/euc/?p=6275)Ben Goodman, Lead Evangelist, End-User Computing Hopefully by now most of you have arrived in San Francisco and are ready to kick off VMworld with us at the welcome reception in the Solutions Exchange in just a few minutes! There’s one last thing before you finalize your schedule for the week. During my last blog […]
- AirWatch Secure Content Locker named a “Leader” in Ovum EFSS Decision Matrix (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=31409)According to an Ovum Ltd. report published today, “AirWatch Secure Content Locker currently merits the title of ‘best-in-show’ in terms of features that matter to users of computers and mobile devices.” The research firm has named Secure Content Locker a leader in its latest report, the “Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Enterprise File Sync and […]
- Enterprise mobility news recap: August 25 – 29 (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=31421)Mobile technology is changing by the minute; sometimes you just can’t catch it all. Here’s what you might have missed this week: Sanjay Poonen, VMware EVP and GM of End-user Computing , breaks down the upcoming innovation agenda for VMware in this guest blog post. And even more news came out of VMworld, where VMware announced plans […]
- Customers to share their mobile stories at AirWatch Connect Atlanta (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=31391)
Customers will lead many of the keynote sessions at AirWatch Connect Atlanta 2014. IT administrators from some of the most technologically advanced organizations will share their mobile success stories and strategies for driving innovation, including: Delta Airlines: “Crew Mobility at 34,000 Feet” Los Angeles United School District: “Closing the Digital Divide” Stryker: “Transforming Customer Interaction with […]
- What we found: Insights from our enterprise apps poll (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=31355)
Last month, we asked our readers to answer a few questions about enterprise apps at their organization. We received a total of 140 votes. Our findings are below. Productivity and Enterprise Apps Apps are one of mobility’s strongest selling points, and businesses are taking note of the productivity gains they can provide. More than half […]
- VMware and SAP aim to simplify mobile app delivery (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=31361)
VMware, Inc. announced today at VMworld an expanded relationship with SAP to help simplify mobile app delivery. Through a new integration, AirWatch by VMware customers will be able to secure and manage apps built on the SAP Mobile Platform with AirWatch EMM. AirWatch will also integrate with the SAP app store mobile place, with a goal […]
- Small businesses hone in on mobile security (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=31304)A data breach can be enough to close the doors on a profitable small business. The average data breach can cost a small business roughly $174 per personal account lost, according to a study published by Zurich General Insurance. Yet many small businesses have been slow to fight back. A 2013 McAfee study surveyed 1,000 […]
- VMware Delivers Workspace Suite (http://blogs.vmware.com/smb/?p=2999)
This post originally appeared on the VMware EUC Blog By Erik Frieberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, End-User Computing, VMware Welcome to the second day of VMworld! I hope you enjoyed yourself with all the activities tied to the conference yesterday but brace yourself since there’s still much more to come today. I have the privilege […]
- REGIONSDay 1 at VMworld: VMware Delivers New Innovations to Build and Manage the Open Software-Defined Data Center (http://blogs.vmware.com/smb/?p=2990)
Today at VMworld® 2014, we announced integrated OpenStack solutions and new cloud management solutions that dramatically advance the industry’s most complete product portfolio for implementing a software-defined data center. With new VMware Integrated OpenStack, we are providing small and midsize businesses (SMBs) the flexibility to build your software-defined data center on any technology, VMware or […]
- What happened at VMworld US? (http://vmwareemeablog.com/uk/?p=1087)Are you recovering from some fun-filled days in San Francisco … Read More
- Breaking Through to Endless Possibilities- VMworld 2014 Wrap-Up (http://blogs.vmware.com/partner/?p=2135)
It’s hard to believe VMworld 2014 has already come and gone. For those of you who attended last night’s Appreciation party, we hope you loved the Yerba Buena Garden’s, the global cuisine, the entertainment and illusionist, followed by a concert with the Black Keys. Thank you for your partnership! Per usual, the Partner Lounge was […]
- Ready for Lift Off- VMworld 2014 Day 2 (http://blogs.vmware.com/partner/?p=2128)Day two has already come and gone and what a fantastic day it was! Yesterday’s General Session took a technical deep dive into our solutions, further showcasing how our technology works. Sanjay Poonen then discussed our mobile landscape and our leadership across desktop, mobile and content. VMware Workspace™ Suite was announced as a new integrated […]
- VMware’s Brave New Charter (http://blogs.vmware.com/partner/?p=2123)
Day 1 of VMworld 2014 began with over 22,000 attendees from 85 countries eagerly awaiting this morning’s General Session keynote. Robin Matlock, VMware’s CMO, opened the stage reminding customers and partners alike that this conference is about you. She let everyone know that this week is all about pushing boundaries, and at VMworld 2014, you […]
- VMworld 2014 Partner Day Was Shaking Things Up (http://blogs.vmware.com/partner/?p=2115)With No Limits – New Possibilities, anything is imaginable. This proved truer than ever as Partner Day kicked off with a 6.0 magnitude earthquake early yesterday morning. We hope everyone visiting is San Francisco is safe and enjoying VMworld 2014. Yesterday morning’s 5k Partner Fun Run was a win-win for all as it helped support […]
- NDA Roadmaps and Technology Exchange (TEX) Breakout Sessions @ VMworld (http://blogs.vmware.com/tap/?p=923)We had great attendance and awesome QA at the Software Defined Data Center NDA Roadmap held today exclusively for TAP partners at VMworld 2014. Thank you to all partners who attended! We have more sessions lined up for you in the coming days - End User Computing and Horizon NDA Roadmap – Tue Aug 25 […]
- FlexPod with VMware vSphere 5.5 (http://blogs.vmware.com/tap/?p=906)
Bhumik Patel – Partner Architect, VMware @bhumikp In June, we saw an announcement on FlexPod passing $3Billion in joint sales for Cisco and NetApp – which also means more customers continue to leverage the benefits of deploying the converged infrastructure for their applications. Over the years, VMware vSphere continues to be the leading platform for […]
- SPIFFs are Back… Earn 250 Points for 1 Sale (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1311)Not only are the VMware | HP SPIFFs back, they’ve been extended through Oct. 31, 2014. Review the details for eligible products and their point values e.g., 250 points for vSphere with Operations Management and Site Recovery Manager SKUs.
- Introducing VMware EVO:RAIL (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1308)VMware EVO:RAIL is a new hyper-converged VMware-powered appliance that accelerates the delivery and deployment of software-defined infrastructure services from install to virtual machines within 15 Minutes. EVO:RAIL will be offered on partner price books as a single SKU covering hardware, software, and support and services costs with partners offering single POC support.
- New Mobile, Modern Workforce Product Announcements (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1306)As we build on our unified platform vision, we continue to make significant investments in mobile, desktop, and content collaboration to re-imagine the future of the mobile workforce. Access the End User Computing Launch Playbook and Quarterly Partner Briefing portal to learn more about the recent product announcements for VMware Workspace Suite (a soft bundle […]
- New Solutions Announced for SDDC (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1300)
Yesterday at VMworld 2014 (on Aug. 25th) , we debuted the following new solutions for the open, secure, and agile Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). VMware vCloud Suite 5.8 – This integrated offering, for building and managing a VMware vSphere private cloud based on an SDDC architecture, enables organizations to achieve critical IT outcomes around efficiency, […]
- External BloggersFind out What’s Happening at VMworld 2014 (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1294)
Check our Power of Partnership blog to get your daily recap , for example: – Day 1: All were shaking up for Partner Day… read how. – Day 2: Our Brave Charter… read more.
- VMworld 2014 – Hardware for WHAT? (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/08/vmworld-2014-hardware-for-what.html)Every year for VMworld, we produce (purely for fun) a gag video – they are fun, and everyone let’s their hair down :-) All of the people in the videos are real people EMCers or partners, in most cases, brothers...
- VMworld 2014 – EVO:RAIL and EMC’s approach (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/08/vmworld-2014-evorail-and-emcs-approach.html)Before I go much farther in talking about EVO:RAIL, I want to quickly make a black and white statement – based on what I expect analysts/press misunderstanding today’s announcements (we’ll see if they do this): VMware is NOT getting into...
- VMworld 2014 - Life in the Flash Lane (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/08/vmworld-2014-life-in-the-flash-lane.html)As always – a VMworld always triggers lot of serious, long, heavy, technical reads coming, but equally – VMworld always has a lot of fun :-) This is the first of several! #v0dgeball was awesome – congrats to team SMP...
- VMworld 2014 U.S. Top Ten Sessions (http://www.boche.net/blog/?p=5016)
Following is the tabulated listing of VMworld 2014 U.S. top ten session as of noon PST 8/28/14. If you plan on catching up on recorded sessions later, this top ten list should be highly considered. Nice job goes out to all of the presenters in this list as well as all presenters at VMworld. Tuesday – […] Post from: boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist Copyright (c) 2010 Jason Boche. The contents of this post may not be reproduced or republished on another web page or web site without prior…
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 First Look (http://www.boche.net/blog/?p=5013)VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager made it’s debut this week at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco. Over the past few weeks I’ve had my hands on a release candidate version and I’ve put together a short series of videos highlighting what’s new and also providing a first look at SRM management through the new web […] Post from: boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist Copyright (c) 2010 Jason Boche. The contents of this post may not be reproduced or republished on another web page or web site…
- VMworld 2014 Highlights – a complete recap (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13527)VMworld 2014 Highlights - Day 1 Live report from the VMworld 2014 General session . Today VMworld 2014 kicks off with the VMworld 2014 General session. The theme for this year is “No Limits”. Follow the VMworld 2014 General session live, here, on VMGuru. Announcement of VMware EVO: RAIL Hyper-Converged Infrastructure . VMware goes Hyper-Converged with VMware EVO RAIL which combines compute, network & storage resources in a complete solution offered by VMware qualified partners. Former project:…
- VMworld 2014 Day 4 Highlights (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13545) Today was the last day at VMworld 2014, check out the VMworld 2014 Day 4 Highlights. Live report from the VMworld 2014 Day 4 General session . The general session on the second day often shows a lot of speakers and demos. We did some MMPTW (Massive Multi-Player Thumb Wrestling), saw some nifty robots and got a demo in advanced data modeling and analysis. Follow it live on VMGuru. VMware Virtual SAN Best Practices . This morning at VMworld 2014 there was a great session regarding the most common…
- Veeam v8 (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13396) Yesterday at VMworld 2014 I attended a breakout session which gave a preview of Veeam v8. Veeam compared it to the V8 Lamborghini, it's a beast. Just as Veeam Backup & Replication product name implies, the cornerstone of data protection strategy includes both image-based backup and replication in the same product. Backups are mandatory, but only replication is able to provide you with low recovery time objectives (RTOs), which are much needed for the modern data center. Because of that, we…
- VMware Virtual SAN best practices (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13526) This morning at VMworld 2014 there was a great session regarding the most common mistakes/pitfalls in VMware Virtual SAN design. One of the speakers was Cormac Hogan, VMware Storage Architect. He had some great tips. Minimal cluster size is 4 nodes. According to the requirements you can build a Virtual SAN using a 3 node cluster but you should take into account failure or maintenance of 1 node. Upgrading vSphere 5 to vSphere 5.5 Update 1 introduces a known bug. Install the fix mentioned in this…
- VMworld 2014 General Session Day 4 (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13446)Last day of VMworld also has a general session. It probably will be an easy going one, since last night was the VMworld party. Follow it here. Checkout the other General Session Live blog day 1 Live blog day 2 Live blog day 4 The post VMworld 2014 General Session Day 4 appeared first on VMGuru .
- VMworld 2014 Day 3 Highlights (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13502) Today was a great day at VMworld 2014 with a lot of breakout sessions. Wednesday on VMworld 2014 is always a busy day with a lot of sessions and of course the VMworld Party. Because of the many sessions I have had no time to write many articles but I will try to catch up tomorrow as soon as possible. Some news from today: New VMware Fling - BatchV2V . New VMware Fling - Latency Sensitivity Troubleshooting Tool . Check out the VMworld 2014 Day 3 Highlights from the VMworld party and VMworld…
- VMware Fling – Latency Sensitivity Troubleshooting Tool (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13485)VMware released a new Fling, a latency sensitivity troubleshooting tool. The Latency Sensitivity Troubleshooting Tool provides scripts and examples to troubleshoot configuration and performance problems with the Latency Sensitivity feature in VMware vSphere 5.5. Features Python script that runs on ESXi to check virtual machine and physical NIC (PNIC) configuration to monitor host, virtual machine, and PNIC performance. Python program to process traces from pktcap-uw for a ping workload and print time…
- New VMware Fling – BatchV2V (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13489)VMware released a new Fling, BatchV2V. It is a command line utility that helps to simplify batch V2V operations with VMware Converter. On first run, BatchV2V outputs a configuration file that can be used multiple times to batch copy one virtual machine to many other targets. For many administrators, this is done manually on a regularly scheduled basis with VMware Converter. The tool helps to batch the copy job so you don’t have to manually specify the parameters on an ongoing basis. System…
- VMworld 2014 Day 2 Highlights (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13422) Today was a great day at VMworld 2014 with a lot of VMware EUC news. Check out the VMworld 2014 Day 2 Highlights. Live report from the VMworld 2014 Day 2 General session . The general session on the second day often shows a lot of demos. Last year we saw a demo of Mirage, where a laptop was dropped on the floor and had its data redistributed to a virtual desktop in seconds. Wonder what they will be demoing this year? Follow it live on VMGuru. Patrolling the borders with HyTrust Boundary…
- New VMware Fling – Services Virtual File System (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=13511)VMware release a new fling, a Service Virtual File System. Building on top of the FUSE API (Linux specific) and the llfuse library, Services Virtual File System (SVFS) aims to provide an easy way for creating a custom file system that integrates seamlessly with the native Linux one. Users are able to execute almost all operations on it, including but not limited to creation and removal of files and directories, as well as searches and read from/write to files. This allows the user to map just about any…
- Extend Visibility with the Stratusphere APIs (http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=6568)I am a big fan of programatic interfaces and have written extensively about it while working for Nutanix, EMC or VMware. Programmatic interfaces allow administrators to create custom automation workflows using scripting languages or workflow engines like vCenter Orchestrator, vCAC, Puppet, Chef, BMC and others. This is the ultimate goal for a true Software-Defined Datacenter, enabling a … Continue reading »
- Not Voodoo, just genuine Datacenter Automation, delivered Today, by Nutanix GSO (http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=6572)I have been extensively discussing programmatic interfaces and their importance in automating the modern datacenter. Programmatic interfaces allow IT administrators to create workflows using scripting languages and workflow engines like vCenter Orchestrator, Puppet, VMware vCenter Automation Center and others. The final goal for a true Software-Defined Datacenter is to empower applications and tools to make … Continue reading »
- vSphere 6.0 Will Support Hosts with 6 Tb of RAM (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36438)There is many of the features from vSphere 6.0 Beta program which are under NDA. However VMware has unveiled some bits here and there and one of the announce from the What’s New in vSphere session – INF1502.1 – presented by Michael Adams from VMware. The session is available for Free, and One of the [...] Read the full post vSphere 6.0 Will Support Hosts with 6 Tb of RAM at ESX Virtualization .
- PowerCLI 5.8 R1 Announced as well as VMware SRM 5.8 (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36419)During VMworld, VMware has announced upcoming release of vSphere PowerCLI 5.8 R1 and VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.8 (SRM). The new vCloud Suite 5.8 when available, will also have new PowerCLI 5.8 R1, which will start faster and will have new cmdlets for storage policy. The new PowerCLI 5.8 U1 will also support the upcoming [...] Read the full post PowerCLI 5.8 R1 Announced as well as VMware SRM 5.8 at ESX Virtualization .
- vSphere Replication 5.8 Featuring Cloud Replication (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36299)vSphere Replication 5.8 announced together with vSphere Data Protection 5.8 during VMworld, brings in an interesting possibility to replicate directly to the cloud service provider. When configuring the replication of your VM, you not only have possibility to replicate to another vCenter server, but also to cloud service provider’s facility. This could be any of [...] Read the full post vSphere Replication 5.8 Featuring Cloud Replication at ESX Virtualization .
- vSphere 6.0 Content Library (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=35758)VMware vSphere 6.0 is hot. Not released yet. Beta 6 is Still under NDA, but some features has already been unveiled. One of the new features that has been unveiled in this release is vSphere 6.0 Content Library. What it is? As you know, the NDA don’t allows us to report on All the details, but we cal talk [...] Read the full post vSphere 6.0 Content Library at ESX Virtualization .
- TOP 10 Free Sessions from VMworld 2014 US are Online – Check it out (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36393)TOP 10 Free Sessions from VMworld 2014 US. There are new sessions from VMworld US 2014 available for free. There is a TOP 10 of them available. (in fact there is 18 of them). It’s a good way to allow to people which were not able to attend to still have something to watch until [...] Read the full post TOP 10 Free Sessions from VMworld 2014 US are Online – Check it out at ESX Virtualization .
- vSphere Data Protection 5.8 – What’s New? (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36295)First of all, both versions of vSphere Data Protection (VDP) gets new update. The latest versions will be vSphere Data Protection 5.8 when they’ll be available for download. For now the latest versions stays 5.5.6, which is already compatible with VSAN. The announce of the new version of VDP is especially interesting for customers who [...] Read the full post vSphere Data Protection 5.8 – What’s New? at ESX Virtualization .
- Rapid-Cloning Technology (project Fargo) and copy-on-write architecture – Future of Desktop Virtualization (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36353)Project Fargo was introduced during the second keynote on Day 2 at VMworld this year. It allows with ingenious technique to clone a VM (seconds, not minutes) and provide access to the user for that VM. It’s actually differential clone of a running VM. The new VM shares the memory and disk. I would also [...] Read the full post Rapid-Cloning Technology (project Fargo) and copy-on-write architecture – Future of Desktop Virtualization at ESX Virtualization .
- VMworld 2014 US Keynotes Day 1 and Day 2 Videos (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36337)VMware just published on YouTube the principal keynotes from Day 1 and Day 2. The VMworld 2014 US Keynotes Day 1 and Day 2 Videos are on YouTube. There are tons of announces, which some of those you might expected (vSphere 6.0) but some you did not (VSAN Beta 2.0…). And the biggest one (IMHO) is [...] Read the full post VMworld 2014 US Keynotes Day 1 and Day 2 Videos at ESX Virtualization .
- DataDog Adds VMware vSphere Support (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=36307)DataDog is a monitoring service. It’s a SaaS application, which allows to gather thousands of metrics from many systems. It’s possible to correlate and search the metrics and events to obtain different views which helps to pinpoint problems related to application’s or VM’s performance. How does it works? DataDog needs to deploy a lightweight agent to [...] Read the full post DataDog Adds VMware vSphere Support at ESX Virtualization .
- vMotion Enhancements in vSphere 6.0 – Long Distance vMotion, Across vSwitches and Across vCenters (http://www.vladan.fr/?p=35742)
During the Day 2 keynote some VMware vSphere 6.0 has been announced by Raghu Raghuram, Executive Vice President, Software-Defined Data Center Division. The vMotion technology, which has been here for about a decade was continuously improved in previous releases. Example in vSphere 5.0 with multi-NIC vMotion function and also vMotion without shared storage. But let’s see what vSphere 6.0 [...] Read the full post vMotion Enhancements in vSphere 6.0 – Long Distance vMotion, Across vSwitches and Across…