Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=84638d120599c4461b514e1a0&id=55c75e5f89&e=[UNIQID]
From the editors virtual desk
Hi everyone, well I had a very interesting discussion this week. It was one that I haven;t had in depth for a while and with my VCP5 and VCAP5 completed quite a few years ago it turned out that I needed to ensure I was totally up to speed with things before I could provide the ideal solution. The discussion was around networking and more specifically a customer with a large environment who needs to re architect their networking on vSphere with an upcoming upgrade to 5.5. The discussion was of a very technical nature and I really enjoyed having it but I must admit that I did ensure that while we were discussing I had the latest most relevant documents to hand.
It is really great sometimes to just get back to basics and have a good deep technical chat about the fundamentals of a system. It made me draw on some skills that I have not used in quite some time and I really enjoyed the discussion and I hope I can do more of them in the future.
This week I am focusing on the future and hope to start delivering a number of Roadmap and VMware strategic presentations to my customers to help us align their business objectives and VMware's upcoming solutions and technology releases. This is something that is a critical part of the Technical Account Manager program and something my customers find very valuable in helping them plan for future services.
We are just a few weeks from VMworld. As usual I have included some of the more important BLOG posts for you right up front. If you are heading to San Francisco for VMworld drop me an email.
Have a fantastic week and I look forward to speaking to you again next week and bring you more VMware news.
Senior Technical Account Manager
nisserow @ vmware . com
- VMworld Sessions Online
- Hands-on Labs – What To Expect at VMworld 2014 US
Local Events (BRISBANE)
Local Training Classes
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5] 25-29 Aug
- New Video! CTO Kit Colbert on the Future of End User Computing (http://blogs.vmware.com/vmware/?p=2718)Learn VMware’s strategy to deliver on its mission in the changing end user computing space—to provide secure virtual workspaces that let end users work at the speed of life. VMware CTO Kit Colbert discusses four key priorities to help IT deliver value to the business as the mobile-cloud era matures: desktop, mobile, content collaboration and […]
- #VMworld Networking & Security Spotlight Sessions (http://blogs.vmware.com/vmware/?p=2715)
Last year at VMworld, we launched the VMware NSX network virtualization platform to great fanfare. At VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, our Networking CTO Martin Casado will give two Spotlight Sessions to explain just why NSX is taking off with customers. If you are attending the show, you’ll want to make sure you register for […]
- The Missing Link of IT: An Effective Service Costing Process (http://blogs.vmware.com/cloudops/?p=1079)By Khalid Hakim For years now, there has been much discussion about the urgent need for tighter alignment between business and IT. Why are we still talking about the “need for” alignment and not the “results of” better alignment? Because all too often, IT cannot answer one of the key questions business leaders ask: “What […]
- Don’t Miss Out: Ops Transformation is Big at VMworld (http://blogs.vmware.com/cloudops/?p=1074)Have you built your schedule for VMworld yet? Don’t forget to add sessions from the Operations Transformation track, with options that include: Moody’s IT Transformation Learn how credit rating giant Moody’s is transforming its IT department into a service brokerage, starting with implementing VMware vCloud Automation Center. SVP of Infrastructure Services Rajiv Doshi presents with […]
- Question of the Week (ESXi) (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4467)This week’s question comes from the VCP5- Data Center Virtualization practice exam. A) HTTP B) SNMP C) HTTPS D) NTP Click through to the comments for the answer and learn more here. Follow @VMwareEducation on Instagram to see more #TechTrivia every Friday and visual updates from the VMware Education and Certification community.
- VMware Cloud Orchestration and Extensibility BETA Comes to Europe (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4503)Now available in Europe: VMware Cloud Orchestration and Extensibility [V6.0] – BETA. This hands-on training course explores the use of VMware vCenter™ Orchestrator™ 5.5 and VMware vCloud® Automation Center™ 6.x for the automation of VMware cloud infrastructure and IT processes. The course focuses on extensibility and advanced administration through the use of vCenter Orchestrator workflows […]
- New VCAP5-DCD Exam Available on vSphere 5.5 (http://blogs.vmware.com/education/?p=4101)We have released a new exam to qualify candidates for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD) Certification. This new exam (exam code VDCD550) is based on vSphere v5.5, where the existing exam (exam code VDCD510) is based on vSphere 5.0/5.1. Passing either of these exams will earn VCAP 5-DCD certification if you have […]
- Redefining Storage Operations with VMware Virtual SAN (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13530)Virtual Machines much like physical ones require storage. Storage, on all its forms, is exponentially growing in recent years – almost doubling every other year. With the explosion of storage demands, IT managers are challenged to deliver the same service levels to virtual environments as they do with physical ones. VMware Virtual SAN uses a […]
- Managing Virtual SAN with RVC: Part 2 – Navigating your vSphere and Virtual SAN infrastructure with RVC (https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13425)In our first article in this series, we looked at the history, features, and setup of the Ruby vSphere Console. Built upon the Ruby interface to the vSphere API (RbVmomi), the Ruby vSphere Console is a powerful management utility for the vSphere infrastructure, as well as an efficient integration option for third party applications and […]
- VMware Virtual SAN with Cisco UCS Reference Architecture (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13413)
co-author Bhumik Patel, VMware Partner Architect As customers look to implement Virtual SAN in their environments, it is critical that the underlying platform has the matching attributes of rapid provisioning, unified management, linear scalability and operational simplicity to be able to fully leverage the capabilities of a scale-out, hypervisor-converged Virtual SAN solution. With Cisco UCS […]
- Don’t miss what your peers are saying about building a Software-Defined Data Center at VMworld 2014! (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13405)
Ever wonder how you can: Forecast storage needs for the next 1-3 years Deploy a cost-effective storage tier for VDI environments Monitor compute and reduce mean time to resolution Virtualize and provide Disaster Recovery for Business Critical Applications, like SAP / Oracle RAC Database and ERP Automate server and application provisioning, with a true service […]
- Discover VMware Virtual SAN at VMworld! (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13392)We invite you to learn more about VMware Virtual SAN — our software-defined storage solution designed for vSphere environments — at VMworld 2014. The sessions, like the rest of VMworld, will take place at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Depending on your needs, there will be several important VMware Virtual SAN sessions you’ll […]
- Profiling OLTP performance on Virtualized SQL 2014 with All Flash Arrays (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/?p=13369)TPC-C Benchmark is an on-line transaction processing (OLTP). (TPCC Main site) TPC-C uses a mix of five concurrent transactions of different types and complexity. The database is comprised of nine types of tables with a wide range of record and population sizes. TPC-C is measured as transactions per minute (TPM). The goal of this exercise […]
- Performance Advantages of vCloud Hybrid Service (http://cto.vmware.com/?p=2814)Today, Principled Technologies published performance benchmarks that show how vCloud Hybrid Service outperforms competing public clouds. These strong results highlight key architectural decisions that our team made when we designed vCloud Hybrid Service. Many customers struggle with the topic of performance when transitioning to the cloud, particularly in a hybrid cloud scenario, where IT teams are personally involved in making the hardware decisions and building their private clouds. They are used to…
- VMworld 2014 Top 10 Tips for VMware TAM Services Attendees (http://blogs.vmware.com/tam/?p=1714)
VMworld 2014 in San Francisco is approaching fast and will offer a full schedule of learning opportunities that will show you how the software-defined data center, hybrid cloud and our end-user solutions can help you spend less time and money supporting underlying IT infrastructure and more time on areas that yield business and competitive value. […]
- VMware NSX Use Case – Simplifying Disaster Recovery (Part 2) (http://blogs.vmware.com/networkvirtualization/?p=1488)Nicolas Vermandé (VCDX#055) is practice lead for Private Cloud & Infrastructure at Kelway, a VMware partner. Nicolas covers the Software-Defined Data Center on his blog www.my-sddc.om, This is Part 2 in a series of posts the describes a specific use case for VMware NSX in the context of Disaster Recovery. Here’s part 1, ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Deploying the environment Now let’s see […]
- Detailed stats for vSphere Flash Read cache (http://blogs.vmware.com/performance/?p=1891)In the Performance of vFlash Read Cache in VMware vSphere 5.5 whitepaper details about performance in several different workloads is provided [http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vfrc-perf-vsphere55.pdf]. It also covers details about how to tune and configure vFRC to obtain best performance. This blog article goes through the details of how to obtain runtime statistics about the vSphere Flash Read […]
- OLTP performance on Virtualized SQL 2014 with All Flash Arrays (http://blogs.vmware.com/apps/?p=1013)
TPC-C Benchmark is an on-line transaction processing (OLTP). (TPCC Main site) TPC-C uses a mix of five concurrent transactions of different types and complexity. The database is comprised of nine types of tables with a wide range of record and population sizes. TPC-C is measured as transactions per minute (TPM). The goal of this exercise […]
- How to Get Started with VMware vCloud Hybrid Service — Disaster Recovery in a Few Easy Steps (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=3832)Few companies can afford to have their business-critical operations go offline, yet many businesses don’t have the proper resiliency tools in place. It’s not because organizations lack the desire to adopt disaster recovery, it’s because the constrictive contracts, inflexible environments, and high price points that come with traditional options makes it prohibitive to do so. […]
- The VMware Service Provider Team Is Gearing up for VMworld 2014! Here’s What You Need to Know (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=3814)With VMworld right around the corner, the VMware vCloud Service Provider team is gearing up, with many exciting things on the agenda during this year’s VMworld. If you’ve every been curious about VMware Service Provider solutions, VMworld is your chance to get caught up on all of the latest offerings from our partners by meeting […]
- Why is vCloud Hybrid Service 35% Cheaper Than Azure and 83% Cheaper Than AWS? (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=3789)Imagine that your local grocery store or supermarket proudly proclaimed, “We’ve cut the price of eggs 44 times and they’re now $3!” and their competitor down the street, not to be outdone, claimed, “Eggs are $2.75 here!” The first question you’d ask is, “How many eggs do I get and what size are they?” In […]
- VMworld 2014: Check Out What’s in Store for the Hybrid Cloud! (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=3801)It’s the beginning of August, which means VMworld is only a few short weeks away! Attendees will soon get the chance to preview the latest in VMware technology, view demos of VMware tech and solutions, and wine and dine among some of the leading minds in the industry! VMworld is always a packed event with […]
- F5 Enhances Application Availability with VMware vCloud Hybrid Service (http://blogs.vmware.com/vcloud/?p=3796)
In June on the vCloud Blog, we talked about how to configure F5 Network’s BIG-IP® Global Traffic Manager for vCloud Hybrid Service, to address the challenge of maintaining a seamless user experience across a hybrid environment. Then in late July, F5 officially announced the availability of BIG-IP application services for VMware vCloud Hybrid Service, allowing […]
- Enhanced Visibility into vCloud Director with Log Insight (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4217)By Caleb Stephenson – Caleb works in the VMware OneCloud group providing internal private cloud services to VMware. He is currently working on systems management problems facing cloud infrastructure. Anyone who has used VMware vCloud Director knows that it can be difficult to manage once you start scaling out, especially when something goes wrong. As […]
- Orchestrating your Cloud with Service Management and CMDB Integrations from Avnet (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4264)It has been my experience that no two private or hybrid clouds are exactly the same. While automating machine provisioning, applications and cloud services are critical, there is also the element of governance and integration into existing IT systems such as Service Management (aka ITIL or ticketing systems) and Configuration Management Data Bases (CMDB). With […]
- David Davis on vCenter Operations – Post #14 – Capacity Analysis of Virtual Machines (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4225)
In my last article two articles of this series, I covered Introduction to Capacity Planning from the World View and Capacity Analysis of your vSphere Hosts. As you might have guessed, we are started at the top level (the world view) and drilling down deeper to the host level. Now, in this article, we’ll drill down even further, to […]
- Updated Microsoft Log Insight content packs now available! (http://blogs.vmware.com/management/?p=4213)
As you know, Log Insight is a capable of collecting and analyzing any unstructured data in your data center. To make analyzing easier, Log Insight offers free content packs, which give you deep insight into a specific subset of logs. Recently, VMware released three Microsoft content packs: Microsoft – Windows Microsoft – Active Directory Microsoft […]
- Deadline extended to Aug. 15: AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Excellence Awards (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=30926)AirWatch will recognize the most outstanding mobility achievements in our customer and partner communities with this year’s Enterprise Mobility Excellence Awards. Winners in each region will be announced at AirWatch Connect Atlanta (North America and Latin America), London (Europe and the Middle East) and Sydney (Asia-Pacific) this fall. AirWatch customers and partners can submit online entry forms through August 15 for consideration. […]
- The top 5 features all companies should look for in a mobile security solution (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=30806)Cloud security has been a top concern ever since organizations first began to shift data into the cloud and away from on-premises solutions. While many cloud providers offer robust enterprise capabilities, including encrypted content, passcodes, and mobile device management, many can still fall victim to a serious security risk: data leakage. In an age where […]
- At Intermountain Healthcare, Life Flight relies on mobile devices to provide ‘a higher level of care’ (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=30857)On an Intermountain Healthcare Life Flight, every pound counts. Pilots must adhere to strict Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) weight limits, and pounds saved in cargo could equate to the extra fuel mileage needed to pick up a patient in a remote area, or the capacity to lift a heavier patient out of a trauma scene […]
- What’s your mobile work style? Let us know during the AirWatch Connect Twitter chat, hosted by Ray Wang (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=30788)With AirWatch Connect Atlanta, London and Sydney just around the corner, we’ve asked leading enterprise mobility researcher Ray Wang to co-host a Twitter chat about mobile work styles next Tuesday at 1 p.m. In addition to getting a preview of Wang’s latest research, participants will get a 20% off code for AirWatch Connect Atlanta. Follow along and […]
- Why you need an enterprise app store: Simplified deployment, management and ways to extend the enterprise (http://blogs.air-watch.com/?p=30776)Part one of this series covered the mainline benefits of creating an enterprise app store: preventing data loss, offering your users a variety of approved productivity apps, and gaining insights about which apps are most beneficial to your users. Beyond meeting basic data loss prevention (DLP) requirements and keeping users happy, an enterprise app store […]
- Watch Strategic Initiatives Overview Video (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1263)This newly released video highlights our three strategic pillars: SDDC, Hybrid Cloud, and EUC. View the video and presentation on Partner University to learn about our high-level technology objectives and road map direction
- ATTN NORAM Partners… Last Day to Reg for Velocity to Millions is Aug. 8th (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1261)Q3 Velocity to Millions is next week, Aug. 11-15. Register by Aug. 8th to access the new resources, pre-schedule phone appointments for your prospecting day, and potentially win new prizes such as $1000 gift cards. The solutions of focus include vSphere with Operations Management, vCloud Hybrid Service-Disaster Recovery, Virtual SAN, and Horizon. Check-in calls are […]
- Heading to VMworld 2014 in San Francisco? (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1259)If so, then stop by the HP Booth (#1005) to get an update on the latest from VMware|HP, in particularly, see how we can bring you the best in software-defined data center. Plus, check out these popular HP sessions and reserve your spot via Schedule Builder today.
- Accelerate Profits with VMware Solution Power Plays (http://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews/?p=1254)In an effort to drive profitability and value for our partners, we’ve selected four key solutions and aligned and increased our partner incentives, education, marketing and sales resources. The 4 Power Plays solutions for 2H2014 are: vSphere with Operations Management, Virtual SAN, vCloud Hybrid Service – Disaster Recovery, and Horizon 6. Sell Power Play solutions […]
- Calling All ISVs, Service Providers and System Integrators/Outsourcers Attending Partner Day 2014 (US) (http://blogs.vmware.com/partner/?p=2095)Don’t miss the Partner Day (US) targeted sessions taking place at VMworld 2014. Whether you are a Solution Provider, Service Provider, OEM, System Integrator/Outsourcer or an ISV partner, there is a targeted session that has been created with your needs in mind. Have a look below and sign-up for the sessions you just can’t miss by […]
- Journey to the SDDC – vSphere with Operations Management (http://blogs.vmware.com/smb/?p=2951)
This post originally appeared on the VMware vSphere Blog Are you looking at the Software-Defined Datacenter (SDDC) and taking a dive into the vCloud Suite? As you take your journey it sometimes becomes confusing and potentially overwhelming as you look at all the possibilities and figure out what comes next. For example, it’s fairly easy […]
- External BloggersVMware End User Computing Solutions August Event & Special Promotion Schedule (http://blogs.vmware.com/smb/?p=2945)This month, join VMware SMB for learning opportunities on Horizon and other VMware end-user computing solutions. Take a technical deep dive into Horizon 6 and Mirage 5 in our live and on-demand online webcast, try Horizon for yourself (no installation required) using Hands-on Labs, and check out our 40% off promotion when you upgrade from […]
- An easy way to simulate a storage failure, just add thermite (http://vsphere-land.com/?p=4825)
I ran into Howard Marks from Deep Storage in the blogger lounge at HP Discover and while I was chatting with him he mentioned an interesting upcoming project that he was involved in that involved storage and pyrotechnics. Naturally I was intrigued, wouldn’t you be. The premise for this was to simulate a storage node [...]
- Great read: Virtualizing SQL Server with VMware: doing IT right (http://www.yellow-bricks.com/?p=15210)A couple of months back I received an email from Jeff Szastak. He asked me if I wanted to write a foreword for the book he was authoring with Michael Corey an Michael Webster. When he mentioned the book was on the topic of virtualizing SQL Server I knew it would be an instant classic, and I did […] " Great read: Virtualizing SQL Server with VMware: doing IT right " originally appeared on Yellow-Bricks.com . Follow me on twitter - @DuncanYB. Pre-order my upcoming book Essential Virtual SAN…
- Would a rose by any other name?… Brand and VMAX. (http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2014/08/would-a-rose-by-any-other-name-brand-and-vmax.html)“Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?” – man, that Shakespeare had a gift for words :-) The idea of “Brand” has been obsessing me recently – not “company”, but rather “personal”, and not mine per se....
- Technology Short Take #43 (http://blog.scottlowe.org/?p=3484)It's time for another instance of Technology Short Takes, my irregularly-published series of articles and links about various data center technologies. This article was originally posted on blog.scottlowe.org . Visit the site for more information on virtualization, servers, storage, and other enterprise technologies. Technology Short Take #43
- Sessions at the Fall OpenStack Summit (http://blog.scottlowe.org/?p=3489)
Here's a list of sessions at the fall OpenStack Summit that I'd like you to consider supporting. This article was originally posted on blog.scottlowe.org . Visit the site for more information on virtualization, servers, storage, and other enterprise technologies. Sessions at the Fall OpenStack Summit
- Spousetivities at VMworld 2014 (http://blog.scottlowe.org/?p=3486)
Going to VMworld? Please consider Spousetivities! This article was originally posted on blog.scottlowe.org . Visit the site for more information on virtualization, servers, storage, and other enterprise technologies. Spousetivities at VMworld 2014
- Login VSI 4.1 Released (http://www.penguinpunk.net/blog/?p=2112)
Disclaimer: I received a free Login VSI 12-month license this year as part of my membership of the vExpert programme. There is no requirement for me to blog about their products and I am not compensated in any way for this post. This disclaimer is also probably longer than I’d intended the original post to be, but […]
- VMware Fling – ViewDbChk tool (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=12545)VMware released a new VMware Fling, the ViewDbChk tool. The ViewDbChk tool allows administrators to scan for, and fix provisioning errors that can not be addressed using View Administrator. Provisioning errors occur when there are inconsistencies between the LDAP, vCenter and View Composer databases. These can be caused by: direct editing of the vCenter inventory, restoring a backup, or a long term network problem. This tool allows VMware View administrators to scan for machines which can not be provisioned…
- Login VSI 4.1 is out with new workloads and more (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=12475)Today Login VSI, Inc. announced a new version of Login VSI: Login VSI, Inc. announces Login VSI 4.1, a substantial update to its flagship product. Login VSI is the industry-standard performance validation solution for centralized virtualized desktop and server-based environments. The new release, which has been tested in limited private beta since May 2014, benefits two main audiences: Enterprises and vendors. Enterprises use Login VSI to optimize the performance of their virtualized environments. Vendors…
- VMware Fling – VMware OS Optimization Tool (http://www.vmguru.nl/?p=12429)
The VMware OS Optimization Tool helps optimize Windows 7/8/2008/2012 systems for use with VMware Horizon View. The optimization tool includes customizable templates to enable or disable Windows system services and features, per VMware recommendations and best practices, across multiple systems. Since most Windows system services are enabled by default, the optimization tool can be used to easily disable unnecessary services and features to improve performance. Local Analyze/Optimize; Remote…
- The new Nutanix Script Repository (http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=6517)
The new Nutanix Script Repository is dedicated to the system administrator scripters of the world whom use automation to reduce time spent performing mundane tasks. Overtime you will find resources written in PowerShell, Java, Python and other script languages. You can simply download the scripts or interact with them using Git. Git is an open-source … Continue reading »
- The OpenStack Architecture Design Book Authors Speak (tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-5819640694385843490.post-3268864316901506824)In the OpenStack Design Summit I asked the authors the same 5 questions in order to get their thoughts and feelings on OpenStack, the community and the future. How many years have you been working with OpenStack? What is your favorite thing... This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more!..
- OpenStack Paris Summit Session Voting (tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-5819640694385843490.post-416220392892736437)We are down to the wire – last two days to vote for the sessions you would like see at the upcoming OpenStack Summit in Paris. There are a large number of categories that you can choose from as you can see below: You will need an account to... This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more!..
- The OpenStack Architecture Design Guide Story (tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-5819640694385843490.post-6184059495334920072)Over 6 weeks ago I posted that I was going to embark on a journey, another book journey, and this time it was an OpenStack one. Go ahead and read the post OpenStack Design Guide Book Sprint. I have been wanting to write this for a while – but so... This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more!..
- VMworld is 3 Weeks Away (tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-5819640694385843490.post-4306101234750308973)Yep, that is 21 days. I do not think there is any need to introduce VMworld to the readers of my blog. I would like to share with you some (and by no means a comprehensive list) of the activities I will be partaking in during VMworld. Opening... This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more!..
- Long Haul VMUG (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4715)It is my turn to make some VMUG pilgrimages. In September I am going to be at the Chicago VMUG summit making vBrownBag video awesome. Since it is such a long way to go I thought I’d make the most of it and also visit the SoCal VMUG Summit on my way home. Later I […]
- Win @VMunderground passes courtesy of the #vBrownBag crew (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4704)
For those headed to VMworld, you may have heard about the awesomest (yes its a word) kick of party – VMunderground. As is the case every year, there are a limited number of tickets to get in, and we just happen to have a few to give away! This contest is geared towards our live […]
- #vBrownBag Tech Talk schedule–VMworld USA 2014 (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4692)Here it is, the schedule for the TechTalks and the other things happening on the Community Stage. You will find the Community Stage in the Hang Space, to the left as you walk in the doors. Come along and see your favourite community presenters and some great podcasts being recorded live. The live stream will […]
- #vBrownBag Follow-Up Virtual Design Master (@vdmchallenge) (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4680)Damian Karlson hosts a Q&A with members of the Virtual Design Master Team as well as several current and former participants from season 2 including Melissa Palmer, Byron Schaller and Geoff Wilmington. Video You can learn about the Virtual Design Master competition at www.virtualdesignmaster.com and follow along on Twitter @vdmchallenge Originally published at http://ProfessionalVMware.com – […]
- Announcing the Summer 2014 #vBrownBag Book-apolooza winners – Thank You @VMware Press and @Packtpub (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4683)First and foremost thank to all of our listeners and supporters and to VMware Press and Packt Publishing for supporting this contest. We asked you why you wanted to win the books you requested here were some of my favorites: vSphere Design Best Practices – In my day to day work, I routinely design, build […]
- VMworld USA Final Sponsors, SimpliVity (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4688)I’m delighted to announce SimpliVity as our sixth and final sponsor for VMworld USA 2014. SimpliVity are a hyperconverged VM infrastructure company. Their OmniCube platform uses a hardware engine for storage deduplication and compression, which also enables replication for disaster recovery. The TechTalk schedule is pretty full, but if you’d like to present, propose yours […]
- #vBrownBag Follow-Up Service Design vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) with Philip Monk (@phil_monk31) (http://professionalvmware.com/?p=4678)Philip Monk covers service design in VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC). Video You can follow Philip on Twitter @phil_monk31 Originally published at http://ProfessionalVMware.com – Sign up for the live #vBrownBag broadcast at http://professionalvmware.com/brownbags/ where you can also get updates and view our past series such as the Automate All The Things series at http://professionalvmware.com/vbrownbag-automate-all-the-things-training-schedule/, Cisco […]
- VMware KB Digest – New KB articles published for week ending 8/2/14 (http://vmwaretips.com/wp/?p=2400)In our effort to provide our viewers with up to the minute information on VMware related news and topics, we’re posting the following list of new KB Entries for this week, direct from VMware Support. Desktop Redraw lag in text-based applications occur in PCoIP Sessions (2084429) Date Published: 7/31/2014 VMware ESX Deploying VMware Virtual SAN [...]
- Talking Career & Fashion with Chris Wahl at Indy VMUG (http://kendrickcoleman.com/index.php/Tech-Blog/talking-career-fashion-with-chris-wahl-at-indy-vmug.html)
My good buddy, Chris Wahl over at the http://wahlnetwork.com/, conducted a series of interviews at Indy VMUG. We chatted about careers, where my focus is heading, and a little about my latest twitter profile photo.
- JumpSquares 1.3.1 with Updated CSS (http://kendrickcoleman.com/index.php/Tech-Blog/jumpsquares-1-3-1-with-updated-css.html)
I'm going through some front-end web development training and the first few courses have been over CSS. We're all pretty accustom to manipulating CSS to do what we want to do, but have you ever started out with a blank slate and created your own CSS back-end without a template? I certainly haven't up until this point. To utilize these new CSS skills, I figured I would update the homepage of JumpSquares.net to look like a nice fancy modern web page. When I was going through all of this, I…