APIs can be very useful to automate processes and integrate systems. VMware Workspace ONE Access has a full set of REST APIs that you can leverage.
The steps below will show you the basic steps to connect to a Workspace ONE Access server and send an API request:
1. Login to your Workspace ONE Access environment as admin. On this example I am using Google Chrome, so the following options may vary if you are using a different browser.
2. On the "Dashboard" page, press F12 to view the Developer Tools. Alternatively, navigate to Menu (tree dots) > More Tools > Developer Tools.
3. Select the Application tab and then expand Cookies.
4. Under Cookies, select your IDM URL, highlight the HZN cookie and copy its Value.
5. Open your API client tool. On this example I am using Postman (https://www.getpostman.com/).
6. Select your API request method (e.g. GET) and enter the URL for it. Under the Header tab, enter the following:
Value: HZN <Cookie value copied on step 4>
7. Enter any other required fields (depending on your request) and click Send.
More information, including a list of the API calls that can be used with VMware Workspace ONE Access, can be found at: https://code.vmware.com/apis/57/idm
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent VMware’s positions, strategies or opinions.