If you want to check your hardware information or more details about your servers to do some operation like changing or increasing physical resources, you need to power-off or reboot the server to check the POST Process information. However because of being operational, you may not be able to do that. So there is a good command to help you in this situation: smbiosDump.
For instance to check your CPU, memory, NIC and Power configurations:
- smbiosDump | grep –A 4 ‘Physical Memory Array’ #Total Slot and Max Size of Memory
- smbiosDump | grep –A 12 ‘Memory Device’ #Type and Size of each Slot
- smbiosDump | grep –A 12 ‘CPU’ #Processors Detail, Voltage,Clock & Cache
- smbiosDump | grep –A 4 ‘NIC’ #Network Adapters and iLO Details (HP)
- smbiosDump | grep –A 3 ‘Power’ #Power Supply and Part Number
Source of content inside my personal blog: Undercity of Virtualization: Check VMware ESXi Hardware information by smbiosDump