VMware Cloud Community
LOPERA
Contributor
Contributor

[ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send

Hi,
We have a new server installation.
We running a lot of servers  Windows 2008r2 in the Esxi 5.1 Vmware, some times the users say me that  the RDP session it freeze for 10 seconds aprox. User connect with Cisco  Ipsec Client for windows.
We found in the Aplication Event Viewer log this message:
"[ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send."

Event ID 1000.jpg

And in the System Event Viewer log this message with the same time:
"The  Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream  and has disconnected the client. Client IP: 192.168.xxx.xx."

Event ID 56.jpg

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
fr0nk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

there's a KB, especially for that: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203635...

The KB suggests this hotfix: VMware ESXi 5.1, Patch ESXi510-201212402-BG: Updates tools-light

The patch fixes the issue. Impact: none. Just roll out the hotfix with UpdateManager.

Cheers,

Frank

0 Kudos
LOPERA
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Fronk, but this a new vMware 5.1 installation, it's not a update from any version, and in the "vmware.log" there isn't any RPC error as say the Vmware KB fix..

I should do this KB fix?

0 Kudos
AndersJuulJense
Contributor
Contributor

having exact same issue here ...

had a RDS 2008R2 installation on ESXi 4.1 (free ed).

got a new host and installed ESXI 5.1.0, 799733

do I still need that update? and if so the guide that "Fr0nk" links for installation procedure is hard for me to understand.

Dont know what to do ...

please advice.

Thanks in advance.    

0 Kudos
Desertsweeper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am also having this issue. It is a fresh install using the HP distro of 5.1 Update 1 - it is not an upgrade. The solution proposes installing Update 1 to resolve but that is what I am already running....

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you reinstall the VMware tools on the machine and also confirm if the VM hardware is vmx-09

0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue, how to solve it .

could you share with me!

0 Kudos