smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vcpu-0:VMM fault 14: src=MONITOR rip=0xfffffffffc26c051 regs=0xfffffffffc008ef0

how do i solve this???

thanks

sebastian

-- Sebastian Medina Carrillo Research and Development RMP Services USA tel: (305) 648 6457 tel: (573)15 329 6058 Twitter: @RMPServices Facebook: www.facebook.com/RMPSERVICES E-mail: smedina@rmpservices.com.co Website: www.rmpservices.com.co Skype: smedina.rmpservices whatsapp: 573153296058 Bogota-Colombia
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

give us something to work with
we at least need the latest vmware.log
please attach it - do NOT paste it as text

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 Replies
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

please help me is kinda urgent nad i dont really know how to fix this error

-- Sebastian Medina Carrillo Research and Development RMP Services USA tel: (305) 648 6457 tel: (573)15 329 6058 Twitter: @RMPServices Facebook: www.facebook.com/RMPSERVICES E-mail: smedina@rmpservices.com.co Website: www.rmpservices.com.co Skype: smedina.rmpservices whatsapp: 573153296058 Bogota-Colombia
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

give us something to work with
we at least need the latest vmware.log
please attach it - do NOT paste it as text

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

oh i didnt know that sorry

but im trying to install a suse linux vm with the original cd and says me the same problem

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi smedina,

If the problem is repeatable, please select 'Run with debugging information' in the Options panel of Virtual Machine Settings. Then reproduce the incident and post the newly generated vmware.log.

Cheers,

--

Darius

smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

in debugging worked, but i dont find the log so i took a screenshot, it stops in some process while its like installing

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

can you please try to change this line in the vmx-file

usb.vbluetooth.startConnected = "TRUE"

to

usb.vbluetooth.startConnected = "false"

and try again

smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

the error is gone now thank you very much but when i run the machine ans suse linux charges this happens and stops there

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

hmmm - not sure how to read your answers here ... ?

what did you change so far ?

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

ive only changed this(usb.vbluetooth.startConnected = "false") at the moment, but ive seen that the vm only runs in debugging, if you put it in normal state it shows same error, now in debugging is like getting stuck as you see in the video or picture

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

sounds like a timing problem then

I would try a fresh new install with a barebones VM
barebones means a VM without USB, sound, printers and bluetooth support

did this VM ever worked for you ?

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

no, i recently installed it i had like vmware workstation 4.5 like a year or two years ago and i ran suse linux in that virtual machine with no problem then i changed my desktop and started using workstation 8 and whit this one doesnt work

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

and i guess that im trying to install a barebones vm cause i havent implemented music and all that

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

ive deactivate all hardware lets see what happens

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

its stuck in black screen

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

can you attach latest vmware.log again please ?

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

actually how do i get the message log direction? its only shown when an error occurs

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the vmware.log is inside the same directory as the VM you try to install

on some hosts with misconfigured explorer it is displayed as "vmware" only
on hosts with healthy explorer it is displayed as vmware.log

0 Kudos
smedina
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

there it is i guess

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

sure ???
in that vmware.log the VM was started without debug-option and without the line I suggested you to change before

what strikes me is this:

Your host system does not guarantee synchronized TSCs across different CPUs, so please set the /usepmtimer option in your Windows Boot.ini file to ensure that timekeeping is reliable. See Microsoft KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895980 for details and Microsoft KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256 for additional information.

0 Kudos