VMware Communities
Rajeev
Contributor
Contributor

EFI Support in VMware Workstation 7.1.3

I'm in the process of adding EFI support in our automated Server 2008 R2 corporate image and I'm wondering if it's possible to enable EFI support in VMware workstation.  Right now the physical servers we have access to are neither conveiniently located or quick to boot up, which is slowing down the development time.  I'd like to be able to do most of the development work in a virtual environment before testing it on a physical server.

I found a posting suggesting that if you add firmware="efi" to the vmx file you can enable EFI support.  I gave this a try and although this did seem to work somewhat, I'm unable to boot off of any ISO (Server 2008 R2 or WinPE).

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

thats what I got so far ...
efi.PNG
efi2.png

0 Kudos
Rajeev
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I had managed to get that far, but was still unable to get it to boot the DVD image.  After re-reading this post http://communities.vmware.com/message/1655731, I realized this guy is having the same problem I am.  My best guess is that this setting is leftover from the no defunct Mac OSX support.

0 Kudos