VMware Cloud Community
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

4.1 update: unable to select system account for vCenter service

I am upgrading vCenter from 4.0 to 4.1.

During the upgrade i am unable to select system account or any other account than the currently logged-in for the vCenter Server service.

See attched file.

I will try to use the logged-in and change to system account after upgrade.

Ole Thomsen

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Changing account to Local System after install seems to have no negative impact.

Ole Thomsen

0 Kudos
sabya1232003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Since this is an upgrade process for a running vCenter Server the default account will be taken as the currently used A/C.The installer takes this A/C by default and it can be changed latter

0 Kudos
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Since it is an update I would expect default to be the account configured for the previous installation - or at least have the opportunity to alter it.

Ole Thomsen

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

so why not log in with the system account you use to run the vCenter Server Service and do the upgrade as that user?

0 Kudos
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ole Thomsen

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

ah I see. The "use system account" is grayed out? What does you vCenter Server Service run under now?

0 Kudos
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Before the upgrade it was LocalSystem, during upgrade I accepted the logged-in account and after that changed to LocalSystem. Everything is fine.

But still...

Did a fresh install on another system today, and was able to use LocalSystem - actually it is default Smiley Happy

Ole Thomsen

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Before the upgrade it was LocalSystem, during upgrade I accepted the logged-in account and after that changed to LocalSystem. Everything is fine.

That is your problem.

Did a fresh install on another system today, and was able to use LocalSystem - actually it is default Smiley Happy

So you are good now?

I always log in and do any upgrades as local admin, to local machine.

0 Kudos