VMware Cloud Community
GTPerry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Incorrect version of vCenter (4.0 update 1 .iso) on download center?

I just downloaded theVMware vCenter Server 4 Update 1 ISO image, build 208156 (2009/11/19) from the VMware download site yesterday, and did a fresh install of Virtual Center onto a fresh Windows 2003 R2 server. When I run the VI client, and check the version # (Help, "About VMware vSphere), it reports version 4.0.0 (Build 208111) for the vSphere Client, and Version 4.0.0 Build 208111 for the VMware vCenter Server.

The name of the .iso that I used to install it is: VMware-VIMSetup-all-4.0.0-208156.iso which is supposed to be

VMware vCenter Server 4 Update 1.So I'm wondering why I this is showing the older Build # or is this correct?Shouldn't it be reporting a newer build? Message was edited by: GTPerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you have the correct build.

VMware vCenter Server 4 and modules

Installer for VMware vCenter Server (build 208111), VMware vSphere Client (build 208111), VMware vSphere Host Update Utility, VMware vCenter Update Manager (build 208126), VMware vCenter Converter (build 206188), VMware vCenter Guided Consolidation and VMware vCenter Orchestrator. Available in English, German, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.

The additional modules is what changes the download bundle.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you have the correct build.

VMware vCenter Server 4 and modules

Installer for VMware vCenter Server (build 208111), VMware vSphere Client (build 208111), VMware vSphere Host Update Utility, VMware vCenter Update Manager (build 208126), VMware vCenter Converter (build 206188), VMware vCenter Guided Consolidation and VMware vCenter Orchestrator. Available in English, German, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.

The additional modules is what changes the download bundle.

0 Kudos
GTPerry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ah good, thanks.

0 Kudos