VMware Horizon Community
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare View 3.1 + RGS + SSO

Has anyone out there been ab le to make this work ?

I'm running the latest view client with protocol set to RGS and the chanined GINA setup as described in the VMWare View blog. I installed the View Client and View Agent last on the client/host respectfully and still am having issues with the Single Sign On config. I've got down to looking at the wsnm_rgsauthenticator log entries in D&S\All Users\App..\VMWare\VDM\logs\*debug*. Seems like it performs the SSO correctly but I am still presented with a Login/Password prompt.

Clients are HP t5730's running the view client as replacement shell and RGS 5.2.5.

Guest is a VM running XP SP3 with latest view agent and obviously the RGS 5.2.5 sender.

GinaDLL is set to C:\Pro.....\wsgina.dll

vdmGinaChainDll is set to hprgina.dll

Any ideas ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
John_Wiesner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I find why the multimonitoring don't work at my environment. I habe 2 monitors with not the identical resolution. For multimonitoring with view 3.1 you need to have 2 monitors withe the same resolution. Thats strande because RGS can handle multiple monitors with differen resolution and that is one feature of this protocol why we use it.

(Sorry for my english:)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is not working or supported configuration. The release of VMware View 3.1 does add suport for RGS to HP Blade PCs, Rack workstations and regular workstations. VMware View does not support the use of RGS with Virtual Machines.

For more information see the VMware View 3.1 release notes under Multi-Protocol Support

0 Kudos
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I realise it's not a supported configuration but it does work (or at least it did for me once (SSO that is).

Passing -screenMulti to the view client forces multimonitor support for all connections to be available (Thanks for the post on this - vmware view community).

Of course view client 3.1 already supports RGS to VM's as well - just pass -protocol RGS if it's not available.

So the only thing left is to get SSO to work. I worked on this for around 2 days last week and at one point had it working. I then was working on USB re-direction, which broke the SSO. When SSO was working it looked like there was a small pause between the initial connection and the SSO kicking in (I'm thinking one of my GP's may be effecting this so I'll build a vanilla VM this morning and see what happens).

Thanks for your response though.

0 Kudos
John_Wiesner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have VMware View 3.1 + RGS 5.2.5 + SSO working with USB-redirection too. The only Problem I have is that only the user and password information is passen throug but not the domain. So if the last user, which was logged on at the vm, was logged in at a differend domain the sso don't work. But in our Environment that is no problem. There is only one Domain. So I only have to keep in mind that i need to login with a Domain-User when I login to the parent-VM for updates or something else.

0 Kudos
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You couldn't give me a screenshot of the Winlogon key could you ? Feel

free to sanitise any names etc. Just keen to see what you have set in

there ... might help me get it working here.

0 Kudos
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'd love to see your winlogon registry key entries. Sounds like you are further on than me. We also have a single domain here so if I could get to the point you are at I'd be more than happy.

0 Kudos
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Read these already.

Thanks though.

0 Kudos
John_Wiesner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure if I understand you right. So I hope you see what you need at the screenshot Registry_Winlogon.JPG

An other Question to you. I try the -screenMulti but when I connect with RGS to a VM it is still only one monitor. Is there anything else to do?

John_Wiesner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I find why the multimonitoring don't work at my environment. I habe 2 monitors with not the identical resolution. For multimonitoring with view 3.1 you need to have 2 monitors withe the same resolution. Thats strande because RGS can handle multiple monitors with differen resolution and that is one feature of this protocol why we use it.

(Sorry for my english:)

0 Kudos
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You don't seem to have the vdmGinaChainDLL key that points to hprgina.dll...... Did you remove this... ?

0 Kudos
Nova1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

And that seems to be the winner - SSO starts working as soon as you delete the vdmGina.. key.

Thank you very much for the screen shot... That has got it going nicely.

0 Kudos