VMware Communities
ltsl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Drag and drop - Boot Camp / VMware Fusion 2.0.4

Hello,

although trying to find a solution for this using the search function I did not come up with result. I have a Boot Camp partition running XP SP3 with VMware tools installed and am accessing this partition using Fusion 2.0.4. Everything seems to work fine besides that drag and drop is not working (it is working for normal VMware images, though).

Do I have to configure anything special?

Thanks,

ltsl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have a Boot Camp partition running XP SP3 with VMware tools installed and am accessing this partition using Fusion 2.0.4. Everything seems to work fine besides that drag and drop is not working (it is working for normal VMware images, though).

Drag & Drop functionality is provided by VMware Tools so the only suggestion I have is for you to uninstall/reinstall VMware Tools in the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine. This is done while running the Boot Camp partition as a Virtual Machine and then click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > VMware Tools. Then after uninstalling you can reinstall by selecting Install VMware Tools from the Virtual Machines menu.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RiteshK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I will suggest you to enable root login first and then Run the VM on your Bootcamp partition using Fusion....

After that try drag and drop as the issue might occur due to lack of permissions.

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have a Boot Camp partition running XP SP3 with VMware tools installed and am accessing this partition using Fusion 2.0.4. Everything seems to work fine besides that drag and drop is not working (it is working for normal VMware images, though).

Drag & Drop functionality is provided by VMware Tools so the only suggestion I have is for you to uninstall/reinstall VMware Tools in the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine. This is done while running the Boot Camp partition as a Virtual Machine and then click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > VMware Tools. Then after uninstalling you can reinstall by selecting Install VMware Tools from the Virtual Machines menu.

0 Kudos
ltsl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WoodyZ, the solution is too obvious... and I did not reinstall the tools before as I thought they were installed on the blank XP partition and did not work a second. Thought it might be a limitation for boot camp partitions as everything worked fine in an image XP.

Thanks!

0 Kudos