VMware Communities
pmendez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

keyboard/mouse: lost connection when booting up fusion

can someone help me (vmware fusion - osx)... i activated the right-most USB icon (bottom of fusion window) thinking it would allow it to read my memory-stick and it ended up affecting my wireless keyboard and mouse settings. now i cannot see the cursor within the xp window nor am i able to use the keyboard/mouse on the mac side. can some help me deactivate the USB that is causing me to lose my normal keyboard/mouse functionality. it worked fine before i turned on the USB.

thank you for any help you can give.

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You're using a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard, right? Two ways to fix this are to borrow a wired USB mouse and use it to disconnect the Bluetooth adapter (this is the easy way) or, if you can't get one, edit the .vmx config file (while the virtual machine is off and Fusion isn't running) and remove any usb.autoconnect lines (this is more advanced).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You're using a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard, right? Two ways to fix this are to borrow a wired USB mouse and use it to disconnect the Bluetooth adapter (this is the easy way) or, if you can't get one, edit the .vmx config file (while the virtual machine is off and Fusion isn't running) and remove any usb.autoconnect lines (this is more advanced).

0 Kudos
Bonny
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where to find that .vmx file and how to edit it?

0 Kudos
pmendez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you, the wired mouse worked!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Glad to hear you got things working. For future reference, you might want to read , which has where to find the config file (among other useful information).

0 Kudos