VMware Communities
kalintri
Contributor
Contributor

Overlay Support in Fusion 1.1?

Hi,

I have tried the previous version and as with the current version of Parallels there was no Overlay supported for the video. I have written it before that the first developer that can offer a working overlay support will get my money. I need the overlay to use my Windows XP external USB TV tuner, which now I have to use in bootcamp. And before anyone sugest, no, it doesn't work if I use the bootcamp partition as a virtual machine as it still doesn't support the overlay.

So my question is simple: Does version 1.1 support video overlay?

Thanks to anyone that can/will answer.

Cheers,

K.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Hi kalintri,

I don't think there were any changes in the support for video overlay in VMware Fusion 1.1.

Sorry about that,

Ben

0 Kudos
TheLoneVM
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, overlay support is not included with the 1.1 update. I know there are USB tv tuner apps that don't require streaming (they fall back to a software rendering path). I know it's not optimal, but are you dedicated to the specific tv tuner brand you are currently using?

0 Kudos
kalintri
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you all for your comments.

It is not that I am dedicated to the brand that I am using, it is just that I already have a TV tuner and I do not wish to buy a new one since this one is working(even if it is only in bootcamp).

Well, it seems that I will continue to wait untill either Fusion or Parallels adds support for video overlay before I actually buy any of them.

0 Kudos