VMware Cloud Community
VBarak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LifeCycle Manager Login Problem

Hi,

ive installed LCM manually, and all is configured well, the server is up and running (but license problem which will be resolved later on)

i even configured the ldap paramaters, created an admins group and users group, and a user.

do i login using the client i get from the installation? because it fails with any user i try. the error is "cannot connect with host".

i tried dns name, and ip but all fails.

can anyone assist me plz?

the paramaters i put on the LDAP search are these:

user lookup base:OU=Test Users,DC=ilm,DC=lab

group lookup base: OU=Test Users,DC=ilm,DC=lab

admin lookup base: CN=LCMADMINS,OU=Test Users,DC=ilm,DC=lab

another thing, when i try to "test login" through the tab, it fails also with

Cannot login user : CN=lcmadmin,OU=Test Users,DC=ilm,DC=lab (reason : [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece

thanks in advance...

plz reply

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I do not think it is login name/password I think the issue is can the workstation you are using can not find the LM server - can you ping the LM server by IP and/FQDN?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
VBarak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i solved the test tab login problem (added users to the local admin group) but i still cant login through the LC Client (given with installtion) becasue it says it can find the host...

any ideas?

0 Kudos
VBarak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i've attached the obvious error

0 Kudos