VMware Communities
onechuck2
Contributor
Contributor

binary

Binary translation is incompatible with  long mode on this platform does anyone know how to correct this 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

This usually occurs if the physical system does not support Virtualization Technology (VT-x) or if it is not enabled in the BIOS.

André

onechuck2
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much now ive got to learn how to work with my bios

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

onechuck2 wrote: now ive got to learn how to work with my bios

What make and model is your computer?  Pressing F2 as the system is starting is one of the normal keys used however it's not the only one, depends on the manufacture/make/model.  Anyway, you should be able to find this info at the manufactures web site.

0 Kudos
onechuck2
Contributor
Contributor

ok i got that problem done how do i install windows xp professional i do not have the disk i have tried to go toide image when i push on dvd rom it opens up i dont have any disk any help would be great thanks Charles

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

onechuck2 wrote: how do i install windows xp professional i do not have the disk

VMware Desktop Virtualization products do not come with the Guest OSes, like Windows XP, and you have to provide your own Optical Disc or ISO Image to install from.

0 Kudos
mfelker
Expert
Expert

Assuming you did download the OS iso file and have a valid key for the OS then just do an install using "I will install the OS later" rather than "easy install".  Have the virtual CDROM point to the iso image on the host.  After you install you can change the CDROM to point to the physical disk even while the VM is running.  I think this is what you are asking

0 Kudos