VMware Communities
LempelZiv
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation 8 P - V

I'm new, so bear with me!

I'm trying to create a VM from a W7 laptop.  I get the following response when I identify this laptop on the Workstation Host.

A general system error occurred: Crypto Exception: error:02001005:system library:fopen:Input/output error:unable to load C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\ssl\rui.crt.

When I look in C:, there is no ProgramData folder.  What gives?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
r3mus
Contributor
Contributor

@LempelZiv

Hey.. first off, C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder - you can browse to it from the Windows Explorer address bar manually.

Second, I've discovered that in order to fix this, you can manually start up the VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client from the Start Menu using the Run as administrator right-click function; that way it doesn't produce the error.

I suspect the problem is that the account you're running VMware Workstation with doesn't have modify rights to C:\ProgramData\VMware......\

0 Kudos
VCP4dad
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. I have W.S. 8 on my desktop and I cannot do a P to V conversion either through W.S. 8 or directly through the standalone converter. Says I don't have administrative privileges, but I explicitly added my user account to my local machine and the target machine, plus I am a domain admiin!

Same error. I've included the error logs for review if that will help... Any ideas?

Jim

0 Kudos
JagdishPatel
Contributor
Contributor

I am out of the office From Wednesday October 26 through Friday October 28 on vacation. During my absence, please contact following individuals for urgent issues:

Cencosud: Pandolfi, Julie <julie.pandolfi@hp.com<mailto:julie.pandolfi@hp.com>>

Natura Cosmetics: Grusenmeyer, Kim (kim.grusenmeyer@hp.com<mailto:kim.grusenmeyer@hp.com>)

Nexteer Automotive: Stier, Lisa <lisa.stier@hp.com<mailto:lisa.stier@hp.com>>

For All None Urgent issues, I will respond when I get back in office (Monday- 10/31/2011)

Thank you and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
r3mus
Contributor
Contributor

Is UAC on? Turn UAC off on the host and the target machine, and try "run as administrator" right-click option.

~Cheers // Brandon

0 Kudos
B1gTaz
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I have been struggling with this issue for 2 days, and I think I have corrected the issue.  It is nessecary to change the "Compatability" settings for the primary vmware workstation exe file as well as the converter exe file to run as administrator by default.  This allows the launch of the converter from within workstation to properly connect to the remote host.

I hope this helps someone avoid the 2am gripe session I endured last night.

Taz

0 Kudos