VMware Communities
ronross
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Boot Camp and Fusion

I assume there has been a ton of discussion on this site and at Apple's discussion forums regarding whether or not to run Fusion within the OSX or using it through Boot Camp. My current configuration is to use Fusion to run Windows XP through Boot Camp. Honestly, I found nothing offensive about this since it allows me the opportunity to boot XP in its native form using Boot Camp/Option Key on start up if I don't want to have OSX running at all.

Is my thinking skewered by leaving this alone and not creating a "file" with Windows XP in OSX?

Ron

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ronross
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

.....also, forgive my ignorance to the proper terminology since I am very new to Fusion.

RSR

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have a look at:

0 Kudos
ronross
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is good information. I guess if I hadn't already created a boot camp partition and been operating XPP, along with installed apps, I might consider the option of not using Boot Camp. Since it is already there, I probably will keep it. XPP complained the first few times I moved from Fusion to native XPP within Boot Camp, but it stopped after two activations. Also, it is my belief that if i'm operating XPP as a normal virtual machine within OSX and as a Boot Camp partiion, I would need two XPP licenses, which I'm not about to do.

Thanks for the link. I plan to look more closely at it tomorrow.

RSR

0 Kudos