VMware Cloud Community
BhojaRavi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCF Buildout v5.1: Validation Failure - vSAN Disk Availability Validation(AllFlash)

The build process is stuck at the below error.

BhojaRavi_0-1706808218046.png

Server is a HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server with the below disk configuration.

BhojaRavi_1-1706808380744.png

12 x 1.46TB + 1 x 745G. I have used the above server for manual vSAN setup and older VCF (4.x) deployments.

Please suggest to get through the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BhojaRavi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

With the leads from the Tech Support, I ended up Tagging the disks as "IsCapacityFlash" and set the value to 1. In fact for my configuration, I ended up tagging 2 disks out of 12 as Capacity Flash disk and below is the command.

esxcli vsan storage tag add -d <Disk-Name> -t capacityFlash

This helped conclude the Validation task and all are GREEN now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BhojaRavi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As a follow up question, in the earlier deployment parameter file we did provide the "Management Domain Calculations" for Cluster, RAM, CPU & Storage.

However, the parameter file of VCF v5.1 doesn't any provision for it. Please advise on how to specify the vSAN Storage Calculation values.

Also, on the below error:

{"errorCode":"VSAN_CACHE_IN_CLUSTER.info","arguments":["esxi8-01.hmcdc.local","naa.5000cca0ab710d84"],"context":{"severity":"INFO","bundleName":"com.vmware.evo.sddc.common.validation.errors.messages","validation.taskId":"ac15a678-8d64-1b73-818d-7906f5700317"},"message":"ESXi Host esxi8-01.hmcdc.local device cache naa.5000cca0ab710d84 does not contain VSANUUID","remediationMessage":"Remove VSAN Participation on ESXi Host esxi8-01.hmcdc.local device naa.5000cca0ab710d84 cache"},

I have ensured that the node isn't part of any VSAN cluster and the vsan storage list command returns blank.

Is there anything I am missing ?

0 Kudos
BhojaRavi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

With the leads from the Tech Support, I ended up Tagging the disks as "IsCapacityFlash" and set the value to 1. In fact for my configuration, I ended up tagging 2 disks out of 12 as Capacity Flash disk and below is the command.

esxcli vsan storage tag add -d <Disk-Name> -t capacityFlash

This helped conclude the Validation task and all are GREEN now.