VMware Cloud Community
matallin
Contributor
Contributor

ESX v3 Network Issues - One Machine Only

Hello,

We have just recently started encountering an error with only one of our machines here. We lost power a few times and every time the machine comes up, I need to go and edit the settings, choose the network adapter, uncheck "Connected", apply the settings, go back in to edit settings, choose the network adapter again and Connect it. After this, the network finally starts to work again on this vm machine. There is 4 other VM's on this ESX server and it's the only one that is having this problem. Does anyone have any insight into this, why its happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

even though this sounds as being related to the one VM, I would actually take a look at the physical switch ports. Make sure spanning tree is set to portfast and there is no portsecurity enabled which would eventually limit the MAC addresses on each port. If it is a Cisco switch it should be set to "switchport mode access".

With the disconnecting/connecting you do, I guess the VM will be assigned to another physical NIC/switch port.

André

0 Kudos