VMware Cloud Community
soportetic
Contributor
Contributor

Clone ESX

hello friends

I write because I have a problem, which I quote for your support ... I have a farm of 5 servers in cluster with vmware 3.5 update 5, 40 VM placed in storage, which a server failure and need it back ... The ESX internal disks are in RAID 1 +0, I released an album and I've placed sixth in isolation server, and followed certain steps to restore service on the new server using the following links:

- Change of host

- Change vswif

I deleted records also MAC network card and operating system vswif both as vswif vmware directory.

It is missing the license change, so agradecere your help to know if something is missing additional cleaning, modify or correct so that there is no duplication or errors when activating the server cluster.

thanks

regards

Charlie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
cferalva
Contributor
Contributor

Estoy fuera de la oficina hasta el 29 de Septiembre. Para cualquier consulta podéis dirigiros a consultas@serviciohelpdesk.com o al teléfono 902.500.016.

0 Kudos
soportetic
Contributor
Contributor

some help

Regards

Charlie

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

To netter understand what you are asking - You have a cluster of 5 ESX hosts running ESX 3.5 U5 - one of the hosts died and you know need to rebuild a host - is this correct?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
soportetic
Contributor
Contributor

That's right, and like all servers are equal in features, so I'm doing the Raid level copy of HP ... Also, make the change of hostnames, IP hypervisor and vswif IP ... The disk clone is one of the servers that was in production, so it must have records of the VM ... There is something else I have to do??

regards

Charlie

0 Kudos
soportetic
Contributor
Contributor

Estimated

Please support

regards

Charlie

0 Kudos