VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert

3.5i Update BUG: Could this be a timebomb planted by a Diane Greene sympathetic coder?

The timing of this bug is very suspicious. Diane Greeen is ousted on 7/8. Free ESXi (which may or may not been one of the reasons Diane was ousted) is released as part of the ESX Update 2 patch on 7/28 with the licensing "timebomb" (???) set to explode on 8/12.

I am not much for conspiracy theories, but it is extremely curious how a core licensing feature goes kafloohy a month after the ouster of one of the companies founders.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

After reading this, first I laughed, then I cried. Then I sat in the dark for 10 minutes... after the sun went down, just as I was, reading this, thinking... could it be possible? Then I turned on the lights, and I swore I saw the ghost of Greene laughing in the mirror on the wall for a second before the light overcame the image or shade. Eager Allen Poe, eat your heart out, or at least turn over in the grave... ...I heard a rapping, a rapping at my door...

0 Kudos
JMills
Expert
Expert

Score:-1 (TROLL)

0 Kudos