VMware Cloud Community
HaM1
Contributor
Contributor

Patches could not be installed

Dear all,

I have aproblem regarding the Office patches MS09-21, MS09-27, MS09-60 and MS09-62. I'm not able to install these patches via the Update Manger. (All patches for Office 2007)

He is telling me that they are not supported?

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks and best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
8 Replies
HaM1
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for pushing the threat, but i can't believe that I'm the only one with this problem...?!

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
brandon_jones
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Have you been able to find a solution?

Brandon

0 Kudos
HaM1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm sorry but no. You are the first one who is "outing" having the same issue Smiley Wink

It's really annyoing, I'm not able to patch my View XP machines completely and I don't understand why he is not installin the patches...

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
brandon_jones
Contributor
Contributor

That stinks. Now when you say you are able to patch your View XP machines completely, are you using update manager for this? The XP VMs are the ones giving us the problems.

0 Kudos
HaM1
Contributor
Contributor

No No, I'm not able to patch my XP machines. That's why I opened this discussion. My Servers are all successfully patched - no problem,

but the XP machines have the problem. In fact this are "only" Office patches, but I have not yet tried to remove Office and to scan for updates again.

Normaly the problem should be solved then - But uninstalling Office is not the solution I think Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
HaM1
Contributor
Contributor

When removing Office 2007 from the XP machine, the update manager is able to bring the machine into compliance....

But this shouldn't be the solution Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
brandon_jones
Contributor
Contributor

Oh ok. Yeah I actually had to log-in the machines and manually run Windows update. That brought the VMs into compliance, but I feel like that defeats the purpose of using the update manager.

0 Kudos
Mattmnx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem and I am running the latest version of Update Manager. The issue is only with desktops and seems to center around Office Patches. Update manager is telling me I have many compliance issues with Office updates but all of the updates it attempts to install fail with the error that the patches "are not supported". If the patches are not supported they should be flagged as such but instead sit forever leaving your systems out of compliance.

0 Kudos