VMware Horizon Community
jksnbco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vmware View - after restart can't access admin page for 45 minutes - suggestions?

Hi,

I have created a ticket with VM support but wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experience.

We recently upgraded from 5.2 to 5.3.  In either version, whenever we restart a view server, or even just the view service, it takes upward of 45 minutes before we can access https://localhost/admin on the server.

Event logs appear to be clean.  I have applied the KB 2021050 but that did not resolve our problems.

Servers are each running 2008 R2 with 12gb of RAM.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gmtx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've seen really slow View service restart times too. Just had this happen yesterday after installing the December MS updates.  Never had it take 45 minutes, but 10-15 minutes isn't uncommon, and it's long enough that you start wondering if it's coming back. (This is on View 5.2 BTW)

I'll be interested to see if someone has an explanation/solution.

Geoff

0 Kudos
jksnbco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM support suggested we restart all servers at the same time; however we couldn't schedule a time for this.

Our view servers all have IPV4 static IP Addresses assigned.  Our DNS had entries for both IPV4 and IPV6 for each View server.  The IPV6 address was being assigned via DHCP.  The entry for IPV6 did not match between the View server and our DNS.

We removed the 'stale' entries from DNS and unchecked IPV6 from the NIC on each view server.

It now takes about 10 minutes for the admin page to become available.

What is a 'normal' amount of time for the admin page to be available?  10 minutes still seems long, but much better than the 30-45 minutes it was taking before.

0 Kudos