VMware Horizon Community
KGoch
Contributor
Contributor

Pool Turns Off Provisioning On Its Own

For some reason one of my pools keeps being disable for provisioning. I will check the box to enable provisioning, refresh the Pool View Page and it will go back to disabled. I am the only admin in the View Environment, so its not some one just screwing with me. The pool is brand new and unused, so I am tempted to just delete it and start again, but I am curious what the issue is. All of its Desktop sources provisioned correctly and with out errors. There are 3 other pools on my View server and none of them have this issue or any other provisioning issue. I really have no idea what keeps casuing this and anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KGoch
Contributor
Contributor

Did some digging and found this acutally:

Error during provisioning2/5/10 1:18:45 PM EST: Desktop Composer Fault: Virtual Machine with input specifications already exists

Not sure what this error means, but I am going to try and delete the pool and recreate it.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

that error was in provisioning and if you have "stop provisioning on error" checked on your pool, that is probably why provisioning stopped.

0 Kudos
KGoch
Contributor
Contributor

I found this KB from VM. I did the SQL steps it requested. Using adsiedit.msc I couldnt find dc=vdi, dc=vmware, dc=int, but I deleted the SQL rows in question. Reprovisioning now to see if that works.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100865...

0 Kudos
KGoch
Contributor
Contributor

Well I never figured out the ADSI issue and what to do there, so I just changed the povisioning name so it didnt ever try to name a VM the same name as the problem VM name. Provisioning didnt fail with the new pool with the alternate name.

Oh well.

0 Kudos
KGoch
Contributor
Contributor

See Post above.

0 Kudos