VMware Horizon Community
iceman76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to restrict access to desktops over security server

Hello,

i am wondering if it is possible to restrict the access to View Desktops to certain groups, if the connection comes from a security server. To explain it a little further

* We have users who access there desktops internally from a Thin/Zeroclient. They just get connected to their desktop pool.

* Other users have a fat client with view client installed.

* Others have a laptop and cann access their Desktops from "everywhere" with view client or html access

Only users of the last group should be able to connect over a security server. Right now everyone who knows the URL of the security server can access it as long he/she is entitled to a desktop.

I am pretty sure that this is possible, but i don't know how...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bretttenney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Another option is to use radius authentication for external. That way you don't have to have separate pools.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For this you can use "Tags" on the connection broker to let it know what pools is can broker or not.

See more about the tags feature here:

http://blogs.vmware.com/kb/2011/03/using-tags-to-control-location-based-access-to-pool-desktops.html

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
bretttenney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Another option is to use radius authentication for external. That way you don't have to have separate pools.

0 Kudos
iceman76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Both solutions sound good. I would like to avoid creating multiple pools with almost identical settings, so i will give bretttenney's solution a try. Thanks a lot

0 Kudos